Established in 1988, Kerr Contractors is a leading heavy civil general contractor and construction management firm headquartered in Woodburn, Oregon. Kerr Contractors is recognized as one of the most technically advanced earth-moving, road building, and underground utility contractors in the region. Our business is founded on trusting relationships, excellent service, workmanship that has enduring character, and meeting or exceeding customer expectations every time. We have staked our reputation on our ability to deliver each of these.
Responsibilities for Safety Manager at Kerr Contractors:
The Safety Manager shall plan, implement, and manage the Company’s Health, Safety, Environmental, and Accident Prevention Programs. The Safety Manager shall ensure a safe, healthy, and accident-free work environment on our projects, in our shops, at our offices, on our properties, and over the road. The Safety Manager shall in conjunction with the Safety Field Technician(s) support the Company’s Field Operations, Project Management, and Company Management as necessary to accomplish our safety goals.
Key Areas of Responsibility for Safety Manager at Kerr Contractors:
- Provide leadership, direction, and oversight to ensure HSE compliance.
- Provide functional leadership and drive a strategy that produces and achieves a safe workplace.
- Actively drive and influence a Safety culture throughout the Company.
- Ensure that HSE objectives and standards of performance are understood/owned by management and co-workers.
- Provide technical support to all technical and compliance-related matters at the project level.
- Promote continuous improvement efforts in the HSE programs.
- Develop and implement programs to ensure regulatory compliance while minimizing risk across all locations.
- Lead HSE compliance reviews, general risk assessments, and other safety assessments.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge for all Federal, State, and Local regulations.
- Develop standardized Safety metrics and track performance.
- Work with the insurance providers to reduce risk and manage claims.
- Manage the Company’s return to work program.
- Conduct internal audits of all locations to verify compliance with all applicable regulatory agency requirements.
- Lead accident and injury investigations; assist in preparation for hearings, lawsuits, and insurance investigations.
- Represent the organization in community or industry HSE groups and programs as approved or assigned by Company Management.
- Represent the organization in OSHA, MSHA matters.
Requirements for Safety Manager at Kerr Contractors:
- Four-year degree in occupational health, safety, HSE, or equivalent industry experience.
- Thorough understanding of federal, state, local, OSHA, and MSHA regulations,
- Proficient with Microsoft Office and HCSS software use.
- Minimum 4 years of experience in the construction safety field.
- Travel to project sites and company locations.
- Demonstrated success in leading and implementing HSE programs in a construction environment.
- Demonstrated understanding of standard HSE reporting methods and metrics.
- Ability to coach, teach, train, and communicate across all levels in the Company.
- Ability to work in a collaborative, team-oriented environment with internal and external clients, all co-workers, and others in a professional manner.
- Self-starter who can work independently in a fast-paced environment; proactively manage safety assignments from inception through, problem-solving to final delivery.
Benefits at Kerr Contractors
- Competitive Salary
- PTO and Holidays
- Community Involvement
- Team Building Events
- Annual Company Events
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Performance Bonuses
As an equal opportunity employer, Kerr Contractors will hire without consideration to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, or disability. Kerr Contractors also enforces a zero-tolerance drug policy.