Field engineers act as the liaison between project managers, superintendents, and other management personnel on construction projects, providing technical and administrative information to all parties involved in the project. This position directly reports to project managers.
Office Engineer Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage Submittals- accurate processing of submittals, to ensure the correct products and materials are installed throughout the project. Manage the submittal log, turn in submittals for approval and coordinate all submittals from vendors and subcontractors. Submittals must be managed according to high industry standards based on plans and specifications.
- Keep Accurate Records- Keep accurate and detailed project records. Organize these records in a way that makes it easy for the project manager and other project members to access the appropriate documents.
- Coordinate and maintain special inspection documentation and permits.
- Collect data and track RFI’s- verify all logs are accurate and up to date on a weekly basis.
- Project Schedule-Assist the PME/PMA is creating and distributing the project schedule. Assists the PME/PMA with documenting job progress.
- Maintain, understand, and distribute project plans- Responsible for understanding the project plans and project specifications. Must be able to answer the field personnel’s questions. Check project plans and drawings to verify authenticity and accuracy.
- Closeout Materials- Assist with closeout, create and distribute project closeout material and deliver O&M Manuals to owner once the project is complete.
- Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Construction Related Field
• 2+ years in the Construction Industry or Previous Internship in Construction
• Effective Written and Oral Communication Skills
• Experience with Revu, Adobe, Excel, and Project
• OSHA 30 Construction