CNUC is an employee-owned company with a strong commitment to recruiting and developing the best talent in the utility vegetation management industry. As our company continues to expand across the country and beyond, new career opportunities are becoming available.
As our next Work Planner, you’re on your way to the open road and traveling the trails! We keep the lights on anywhere there’s a power line - whether in the city, the rural countryside, or deep in the remote forest. As a Consulting Utility Forester, you’ll keep communities informed about the trees and power lines, while ensuring safe delivery of their power and pursuing opportunities to develop sustainable habitat throughout the utility right-of-way. In this role, your office is the great outdoors!
Working for CNUC could be your next great job if:
- You love talking to new people, being outside, and working independently.
- You have strong problem-solving skills and pay close attention to detail.
- You’re willing to learn. We provide ongoing training and assistance in obtaining industry-related certifications.
- Identification, inspection, and evaluation of trees and brush along utility lines
- Customer notification and work authorization of vegetation management with private, local, state, and federal land owners
- Submit inspection results to utility clients with remediation recommendations
- Detailed data collection
- Daily utilization of GIS maps and planning software
- Supervision and auditing of tree crews on line clearance maintenance operations
- Perform other duties as required or assigned
- Degree in forestry or related field and/or experience in utility line clearance
- ISA Arborist Certification desirable (or ability to attain within one year)
- Valid driver’s license with a clean driving record
- Superior tree and shrub species identification skills and knowledge of growth rates
- Ability to work independently with good time management
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Excellent customer service skills a priority
- Ability to travel and work in rugged terrain and inclement weather
- Proficient in map navigation skills
- Experience with Microsoft Office and data collection software (GIS experience a plus)
- Company provided smart phone
- Company vehicle/ fuel card
- Clothing allowance
- Competitive wages/excellent benefits
- Ongoing training and credentialing
- Access to industry related training materials
Full-time positions include participation in an Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP) after 1 year of employment. Pre-employment and post-hiring drug screening is a condition of employment.
To apply, visit https://wearecnuc.com/services/ and submit an application.