Mears Group, Inc.
Assistant Project Manager Job Description
Mears Group, A Quanta Services Company
At Mears Group, we believe in developing and retaining the best people in the industry and providing best value services to our customers in the natural gas and electric industries. We take pride in developing the infrastructure of our country by connecting people and resources. As an industry leader, we have built our reputation as a premier provider of services with a solid track record of performance, integrity and – above all – a commitment to safety, quality and our people.
Assistant Project Manager
This position includes daily tracking job(s) progress, budgets, and change order submittals. In addition, this role is expected to develop a strong, trusting relationship with our clients so that conflicts and needed changes are addressed quickly.
What Do You Offer Us?
- Assist the Project Manager with all aspects of the project
- Assist in building the baseline schedule and project budget
- Oversee monthly financials, accruals, forecasting, and tracking invoices
- Closely communicate with internal support groups
- Resolve escalated issues that require coordination with other departments
- Prepare reports for upper management and project controls teams
- Perform miscellaneous duties as assigned
What We Offer You:
- Paid on-the-job technical and professional training
- Defined career path for future growth
- Competitive wages and industry-leading benefits including Retirement Plan
What is Required?
- Geographic Information System (GIS) experience is required
- Advanced Microsoft Office Excel skills is a plus
- Excellent client and internal communication skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multi-tasking skills
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, construction management, or related field
- PMP certification is a plus
- Reasonable travel may be required
This position is subject to the Federal Department of Transportation (DOT) drug & alcohol testing regulations as outlined in 49 CFR Part 382 and/or 49 CFR Part 199.