APi is a market-leading provider of safety, specialty, and industrial services in over 200 locations worldwide, primarily in North America. We have a winning culture driven by entrepreneurial business leaders to deliver innovative solutions for our customers. As a family of companies working together, we have the parts to make any project whole.
At APi Group, the mission is clear: We Build Great Leaders. We believe that everyone at APi is a Leader and one of our core pillars of success is our distinct leadership development culture. We provide internally developed, cross-functional development programs across our businesses. Our culture of investing in leadership development at all levels of the organization has created an empowered, entrepreneurial atmosphere that facilitates organizational sharing of knowledge and best practices and enables the development of cross-brand solutions and innovation.
We are currently seeking a Consolidations Accountant.
The Consolidations Accountant reports to the APi Group Accounting Manager and is responsible for completing month-end procedures, including consolidating the financials of all APi Group Subsidiaries, both domestic and non-US. Primary responsibilities are as follows:
- Prepares monthly & quarterly eliminations, adjusting and recurring topside journal entries, and foreign currency translation
- Perform balance sheet account reconciliations for various accounts including Investment in Subsidiaries and Intercompany Notes
- Lead and conduct the monthly and quarterly consolidation process for APi Group companies, including profit & loss statements, balance sheet, and cash flows.
- Partner with outside auditors and Internal accounting team and participate in audit support activities
- Provide data and support to corporate departments
- Analyze consolidated data to ensure proper accounting procedures have been followed
- Work alongside the Technical Accounting & Reporting team on a quarterly basis to support SEC filings
- Ensures compliance with company policies, internal controls, and GAAP
- Facilitate and support identification of process improvements.
- Prepare accounting policies, analysis, and whitepapers as necessary
- Create and foster a positive working environment within and across functional areas
- Other duties as assigned.
Other responsibilities will be added as appropriate. Our objective is to provide a challenging environment to increase the potential for your advancement within the APi companies.
- Bachelor’s or higher degree in Accounting
- Proven knowledge of accounting principles, practices, and standards, CPA Preferred
- 2-3 years experience in Financial Audit and/or Accounting
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and written when working with all levels of management, employees, and subsidiary companies.
- Demonstrates good interpersonal skills.
- Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with staff, management, vendors, and clients.
- Ability to manage multiple projects.
- Demonstrate excellent organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrate high accuracy skills.
- Flexibility and ability to work under changing priorities, peak workloads, and meet strict deadlines.
- Ability to handle confidential information in a trustworthy manner.
- Ability to maintain the highest standards of professional conduct at all times.
- Requires work with others in a group or team, include responsibility for work outcomes and results
- List of computer programs that are required to perform the essential duties of this job: Must have intimate knowledge of the Microsoft Office programs including Outlook Email, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and have the ability to perform high-level function in them. Ability to learn to use the current in-house accounting system, WebApps, Microsoft Dynamics AX, and OneStream.
- Requires sedentary work that primarily involves sitting/standing
- Requires working indoors in environmentally controlled conditions with moderate office equipment noise levels.
APi Group provides competitive compensation and benefits that support the total well-being of you and your family, as well as providing formal learning and development opportunities to continue building great leaders.