Mears Group, A Quanta Services Company
At Mears Group, we believe in developing and retaining the best people in the industry and providing best value services to our customers in the natural gas and electric industries. We take pride in developing the infrastructure of our country by connecting people and resources. As an industry leader, we have built our reputation as a premier provider of services with a solid track record of performance, integrity and – above all – a commitment to safety, quality and our people.
Construction Manager/ Project Manager
This position will require experience in all aspects of telecommunications construction work to train, lead, and develop several construction crews. We are open to considering candidates who specialize in Aerial or Underground construction or who have strong proficiency in both.
What Do You Offer Us?
- Seeking a candidate with working knowledge in aerial lift devices, utility lines and poles, trenching, placing duct, pulling cable, and direct bury main-line and drops.
- Knowledge of engineering prints and ability to understand and interpret construction documents as applicable.
- Locate & verify all utilities before construction.
- Keep PM updated on progress of all projects, via excel spreadsheets and/or other company software, as well as any issues that arise.
- Track and report daily production of crews.
- Knowledge of equipment, including, but not limited to: a trencher, backhoe, excavators, directional drills, bucket trucks, digger derricks.
- Preplan to ensure that resources are available for the start through the end of construction, including all restoration needs associated with each project.
- Perform miscellaneous duties as assigned.
What We Offer You:
- Paid on-the-job technical and professional training
- Defined career path for future growth
- Semi-Monthly payroll
- Competitive wages and industry-leading benefits including Retirement Plan
What is Required?
- Solid technical background with understanding and/or hands-on experience within telecommunications industry
- Exceptional Microsoft Office skills is required
- Excellent client and internal communication skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multi-tasking skills
- Willing to travel
- Must be able to stand or walk for long periods with repeated lifting (Up to 50 lbs.), kneeling, crawling, climbing and reaching
- Job Type: Full-Time
- Pay Frequency: Semi-Monthly
- Pay Rate: $70,000-85,000
- Company website: To apply go to our website at mearscareers.net
This position is subject to the Federal Department of Transportation (DOT) drug & alcohol testing regulations as outlined in 49 CFR Part 382 and/or 49 CFR Part 199.