Title: Special Project Forester
Location: Central Florida (Covers the Ocala, FL territory)
CNUC is an employee-owned company with a strong commitment to recruiting and developing the best talent in the utility vegetation management industry. As our company continues to expand across the country and beyond, new career opportunities are becoming available.
As our next Special Projects Forester, you’re on your way to the open road and traveling the trails! We keep the lights on anywhere there’s a power line - whether in the city, the rural countryside, or deep in the remote forest. As a CNUC employee, you’ll keep communities informed about the trees and power lines, while ensuring safe delivery of their power and pursuing opportunities to develop sustainable habitat throughout the utility right-of-way. In this role, your office is the great outdoors!
Working for CNUC could be your next great job if:
- You love talking to new people, being outside, and working independently.
- You have strong problem-solving skills and pay close attention to detail.
- You’re willing to learn. We provide ongoing training and assistance in obtaining industry-related certifications.
- Inspect trees and plan work for reliability tickets and customer requests
- Plan vegetation work on capital projects and engineering projects when needed
- Assist supervisor with QAQC and employee training when needed
- Willing to travel across system (pink area) to accommodate above 3 needs
- Strong customer service skills
- Strong tree identification
- Perform other related duties as required or assigned
- ISA Certified Arborist
- 1+ year related experience in Utility Vegetation Management
- Experience with Microsoft Office and data collection software (GIS experience a plus)
- Species identification skills and invasive species knowledge, plus knowledge of tree growth rates
- Valid driver’s license with clean driving record
- Ability to work independently
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Excellent customer service skills a priority
- Ability to travel and work in rugged terrain and inclement weather
- Proficient in map navigation skills
Requirements to Become ISA Certified:
- Three years of experience in arboriculture, or
- Two-year degree in arboriculture and two years of practical experience, or
- Four-year degree in a related field and one year of practical experience
To apply, visit https://wearecnuc.com/careers/ and submit an application.