Mears Group, A Quanta Services Company
At Mears Group, we believe in developing and retaining the best people in the industry and providing best value services to our customers in the natural gas and electric industries. We take pride in developing the infrastructure of our country by connecting people and resources. As an industry leader, we have built our reputation as a premier provider of services with a solid track record of performance, integrity and – above all – a commitment to safety, quality and our people.
Seeking Project Managers with experience in project budgeting, tracking and reporting in the underground utility construction industry. This position will require experience in all aspects of telecommunications construction work to train, lead, and develop several construction crews. We are open to considering candidates who specialize in Aerial or Underground construction or who have strong proficiency in both. Work location will be primarily from a project location, which could be out of state for extended periods of time, as you help our construction team meet the needs of our valued and high-profile clients.
What Do You Offer Us?
- Determines needed resources from start to finish with attention to budgetary limitations
- Negotiates with vendors, suppliers and subcontractors
- Prepares and submit project estimates to clients
- Accomplishes work requirements by orienting, training, assigning, scheduling and coaching employees
- Meets work standards by following production, productivity, quality and customer service standards
- Meets cost standards by monitoring expenses and implementing cost saving actions
- Works with the Construction Manager to develop proposals and cost estimates
- Implements and maintains project execution planning and management that will ensure assigned projects are completed safely, on-time, within budget, and to the quality standards required by both the client and the company.
- Reviews production schedules along with work progress and works with Construction Manager to make corrective actions to meet production and profit goals
- Reports work in progress, tracks job cost and revenue, approves vendor invoices and provides weekly client progress reports.
What We Offer You:
- Paid on-the-job technical and professional training
- Defined career path for future growth
- Competitive wages and industry-leading benefits including Retirement Plan
What is Required?
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field preferred
- Ability to read blueprints
- Strong knowledge of construction materials, processes and equipment
- Experience in Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access
- Ability to multi-task
- Basic knowledge of construction accounting
- Ability to travel extensively
- PMP preferred
- Time Management
- Results driven
- Leadership skills