In a world where you can trust your cannabis more than your food, Blüm is the place you visit for dependable products and services in an inviting retail environment. If this is a world you would like to be apart of, we welcome you to come blüm WITH US!
The Floor Supervisor serves as the first point of contact for the store’s Sales Associates, Cash Clerks and Customer Experience Agents. The Floor Supervisor answers questions and assists with escalated customer issues and helps to ensure efficient flow and operation of the front of house. Assist Management in opening/closing procedures.
- Conducts training and role plays to Sales Associates.
- Educates team members on the various strains, uses, methods of delivery and titration.
- Oversees and facilitates customer returns.
- Ensures that all assigned tasks to the Sales Associates are completed satisfactorily.
- Operates as a liaison between management and the Budbar staff.
- Greets customers as they enter the Budbar with a positive and professional
attitude and follows the 10’ 5’ rule.
- Communicates effectively with customers to drive sales while providing excellent customer service.
- Educates customers on the various strains, uses, and methods of delivery and titration.
- Demonstrates working knowledge and complies with all state/ municipal laws and regulations.
- Quickly and efficiently operates the Point of Sale (POS) system.
- Ensures overall cleanliness of the BudBar and back counter.
- Acts with integrity and honesty while actively promoting the culture and the values of the company.
- Maintains a professional demeanor during periods of high volume or stressful situations while setting a positive example for the team.
- Ability to monitor changes in team or store morale and/or performance while maintaining effective communication with the managers.
- Knowledgeable in all things pertaining to the admin department and function.
- Directs escalated issues to the necessary department(s) and provides admin staff with all pertinent information/updates daily. Also relays information to the admin department from upper management.
- Maintains open communication with the Budbar. Via Skype or in-person.
- Serves as the first point of contact to resolve any disagreements between admin colleagues; escalated issues that cannot be resolved to the MOD.
- Has authority based on SOP and NRS knowledge to deem / grant access into the facility.
- Participates in all work meetings pertaining to admin department.
- Conducts quarterly counts.
- Reconciles the daily sheet.
- Ensures all files are labeled properly, scanned daily, and verified.
- Cross reference receipts to verify each receipt is accounted for and audits errors.
- Compiles all voided transaction documentation and ensures completeness inclusive of management signature.
- Conducts investigations into improper transactions and provides thorough report of the results to management.
- Provides backup documents as requested from Bookkeeper.
- Reviews coupon usage and notifies management of any discrepancies.
- May conduct all other duties associated with the cash clerk function.
- Performs other related duties and projects as business needs require at direction of management.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Experience in the retail industry is preferred.
- Education/credentials from institutions such as Oaksterdam are preferred.
- 1-2 years lead/management level experience.
- Dispensary state license (Nevada only); preferred
- Online training/certification through the Nevada Dispensary Association (Nevada only); preferrerd
- Must possess proficient English skills, both written and verbal.
- Must possess effective oral communication and interpersonal skills with ability to deal with all levels of personnel in a professional and effective manner.
- Ability to create and compose written materials with proper English grammar and punctuation.
- Ability to communicate clearly with employees, management, and team members.
- Ability to convey information in a clear and concise manner.
- Ability to communicate effectively in a multi-cultural business environment.
Knowledge and Abilities:
- Must be a self-starter with a strong sense of self-development.
- Must possess strong conflict management skills.
- Knowledge and understanding of standard concepts, practices, and procedures within the retail cannabis environment.
- Knowledge of laws and regulations related to cannabis operations.
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills and time management skills.
- Demonstrated approachability and customer service skills.
- Demonstrated reliability, dependability and flexibility in work habits.
- Possess a strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Possess ability to accurately operate point of sale system.
- Proficient knowledge of general office procedures and office machines.
- Ability to research and understand regulations for cannabis retail markets.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality, exhibiting a high level of integrity and trustworthiness.
- Ability to work independently and contribute effectively as part of a team.
Physical Demands: The physical demands listed below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position.
- Ability to frequently bend and/or twist at waist/knees/neck to and from seated position while working at workstation.
- Ability to frequently use standard office equipment such as but not limited to computers, telephones, copiers, and scanners.
- Ability to frequently communicate with others.
- Ability to maintain long periods of mental alertness and attention to detail while setting priorities, meeting critical deadlines, and following up on assignments.
- Ability to constantly perform sedentary work, spending extended periods of time at desk or workstation.
- Ability to excessively stand and/or walk for extended periods of time.
- Ability to seldom climb stairs at some locations.
- Ability to seldom push and/or pull up to thirty (30) pounds
- Ability to seldom lift or carry up to thirty (30) pounds.
- Ability to keyboard for extended periods of time.
- Ability to function in an environment with frequent interruptions.
- Ability to deliver quality results under high pressure deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to demonstrate normal manual dexterity and eye-hand coordination; maintain corrected hearing and vision to normal range.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this position.
- Primarily a heavy trafficked retail setting in a cannabis dispensary with moderate noise levels and direct exposure to cannabis products.
The Benefits of Joining Our Team:
- Awesome company culture!
- Opportunities for advancement
- Medical / Dental / Vision insurance
- Employer paid Accident & Critical Illness insurance
- Employer paid Short-Term & Long-Term Disability insurance
- Employer paid Basic Life Insurance
- Voluntary Supplemental Life insurance
- 401(k) plan with generous company match
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Employee Referral Bonus Program
- Paid Time Off (PTO); ability to donate/share/cash-out PTO
- Paid Holidays
- Company parties and events
- Talented, fun, and high integrity group of coworkers!