Our staff includes many of the region’s most talented and experienced construction professionals. Saunders Heath provides excellent benefits, highly competitive compensation and an opportunity to work on a wide variety of projects in the northern Colorado community.
As much as we believe in our history, reputation and continued success, we believe in our employees. They add value and help elevate the company to a higher level. Their skills and ideas only make this company better. Now take the next step to join Saunders Heath, and see where it takes you.
Saunders Heath aspires to be an organization made up of people who are passionate about growing and developing both as individuals and as an organization. We are not about acquiring and keeping employees who perform jobs, but rather about fostering exciting, fulfilling and rewarding lifetime careers.
||Intern - Preconstruction Services
||$16 - $18/hour
||Director of Preconstruction Services
Purpose of the Role
To obtain experience in the field of preconstruction services as it relates to the construction industry.
Functions / Duties
- Contacting and communicating with trade partners regarding need for pricing assistance and/or bid requests follow-up.
- Chasing down material or other product needs for a project estimate.
- Assist with review of project documents: specifications, drawings, cut sheets etc., attend pre-bid meetings, etc. to determine scope and needs related to the forming of the estimate.
- Provide takeoff of numerous scopes of work for the formation of the estimate.
- Maintain files of working documents as back-up to Lead or Senior Estimator.
- Learn to affectively run/operate SmartBid, our trade partner database and solicitation software; utilize for soliciting and communicating with project specific trade partners throughout the estimating process.
- Attend job/site walks, estimate reviews and possibly design meetings.
- Perform additional assignments per supervisor’s direction.
- May be subject to overtime on an as needed basis.
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities / Qualifications / Experience
- A Preconstruction Services Intern must be currently enrolled in a Construction Management program or similarly related field at a college or university.
The following are some of the physical demands commonly associated with this position:
- Spends approximately 70% of the time sitting, and 30% of the time either standing or walking while on the job.
- Occasionally* lifts up to 15 lbs, when moving project binders, office supplies or files, and may stoop, kneel, crouch, and balance while performing these same functions.
- Occasionally required to climb, crawl, stoop and negotiate ladders, stairs or other routes at and within project sites in order to fulfill duties.
- Constantly uses verbal and auditory capacity enabling interpersonal communication as well as communication through automated devices such as E-Mail, telephone and radio.
- Constantly employs eye, hand and finger coordination enabling the use of office machinery such as computer keyboard.
- Constantly utilizes full scope of visual capacity to travel to project sites and observe/verify project progress in addition to operating automated office equipment.
Constantly - Activity exists more than 2/3 of the time
Frequently - Activity exists from 1/3 to 2/3 of the time
Occasionally - Activity exists less than 1/3 of the time.
Saunders Construction's Benefits
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Section 125 Plan
- 401k Plan / Safe Harbor plan
- Paid Time Off
- Bonus Program
- Employer Paid Term Life Insurance
- Employer Paid Short Term Disability
- Employer Paid Long Term Disability
Please Note: We communicate via e-mail. Please check your spam/junk settings to ensure you receive our communication.
This posting is intended for individual applicants.