Headquartered in Taylor, Mich., Atlas Oil is the inaugural Simon Group Holdings company. Since our founding in 1985, Atlas has grown through technological and operational innovation, all while maintaining our unwavering commitment to customer success. Atlas offers single-source solutions for fuel, transportation and logistics and is one of the largest fuel distributors in the country, delivering over 1 billion gallons of fuel annually to customers in 47 states. We have an active real estate division and are engaged in transportation logistics and fueling including bulk, fleet, event, onsite, emergency response, and oil field services.
Atlas has a unique, entrepreneurial culture. We work hard, love what we do, focus on customers and have fun in the process! Our phenomenal growth is attributable to our people and that’s why we are successful in recruiting top talent. As an Atlas team member, you’ll receive the support of the entire Atlas team and be encouraged to learn and grow with us.
Atlas Oil offers its employees a full benefits package that includes medical, dental, and vision options. We also offer life insurance, 401k that includes a company match and paid time off. In addition to that, we offer tuition reimbursement to assist our team members in their professional development.
If you are driven to be the best you can be and are looking for an organization to match your high standards, look no further!
This billing professional will support billing for our key clients. The ideal candidate is enthusiastic and flexible, with strong account reconciliation and customer service skills. Candidates should work well in a fast-paced, 24x7x365 environment. They should be able to think both creatively and analytically, as we are continuously looking to improve processes, cycle time, accuracy, attention to detail and customer focus, all while striving to execute flawlessly. The Billing Coordinator is responsible for a variety of internal and external customer support issues, including the month end billing process and daily transactional activities. The position ensures billing is up to date, tracks outstanding items, and works to verify correct billing entries and accurate invoicing through computer systems and paperwork flow.
- Bill customers in a timely and accurate manner. Ensure billing is in compliance with appropriate contracts, guidelines and regulations.
- Identify issues, research and/or remedy as appropriate
- Assist with establishing new billing policies and procedures
- Provide quality control for other team members
- Work with management in editing and rebilling clients as needed
- Communicate with clients and management on any questions or concerns
- Ensure special billing is accurate, complete and timely
- Positive, proactive can-do attitude.
- Passionate about solving problems.
- Collaborates well with internal and external teams, including other departments, customers, suppliers, etc.
- Data & metrics driven.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Can think big picture while driving day to day details.
- Comfortable with documenting current processes and defining to-be processes.
- Embraces the Atlas Core Values throughout responsibilities and tasks.
- Other related duties as required.
- 2+ years’ experience as a billing associate in the fuel/transportation industry preferred.
- Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Office Products (Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Proven ability to analyze and assess the needs of diverse clients.
- Flexibility and adaptability to manage multiple tasks within strict time frames while maintaining accuracy.
- Creative problem solving skills within process discipline.
- Experience working with general accounting principles and software.
- Well organized and detail-oriented with excellent analytical and customer service skills.
- Possess strong work ethic and ability to succeed in a fast-paced, competitive environment.
Required Education & Certification:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Some college is preferred
Why You Will Love to Come to Work Every Day:
Atlas is a fast-paced, goal-oriented company, with an unquenchable thirst for success. Team members work hard, love what they do, focus on customers, and have fun in the process. Winning attitudes abound, we recruit, hire, train, retain, and reward the best talent in the industry.
What stands out to visitors is our warm, inviting atmosphere and our dynamic energy directed to guests, co-workers and customers. Our Core Values are alive in our environment. Atlas Oil Company’s CEO, Sam Simon personally facilitates his course on Corporate Culture to newly hired team members.
Atlas Oil Company’s Core Values are not just words on a paper. We believe in them. We live by them. They are an important component of how we operate on a daily basis. They are as follows:
- Collaborative Innovation
- Pride and Image
- Customer Focus
- Solution Driven
- Do the Right Thing
Integrity, innovation, personal and professional growth, combined with a strong passion to win, contribute to the phenomenal growth and successes Atlas has experienced. We create Win/Win Solutions and operate with the highest possible standards of business and professional ethics
Career Opportunities: Team members are our most valuable assets - if you are dynamic, dedicated to producing quality results, and possess the necessary job qualifications, please consider joining our team!
Atlas Oil Company’s dedication to quality is not only reflected in our products and services but also in our team members. At Atlas Oil Company, we are committed to providing:
- Our consumer with a total fuel solution
- Our team members with career challenges and rewards
- Our communities with support and assistance
Our work environment is positive, upbeat, business casual and welcoming to everyone. Being an equal employment opportunity employer, we are a diverse workforce with team members located in multiple states. We advocate an open door policy, teamwork, career growth, and promoting from within. Our team members are our most valuable assets and we invest in them through seminars, training and rewarding career opportunities.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Atlas Oil Company provides equal employment opportunities to all team members and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, weight and height or military status, in accordance with applicable federal laws.
The listed statements on this document are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job title. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. It is the responsibility of team members assigned to this job to ensure all duties and responsibilities are performed accurately and timely as required.