Company Name: Roydan Enterprises, Ltd.
Job Title: Application Development Manager
Location: Manitowoc, Wisconsin
INSTINCTIVE. FLEXIBLE. COLLABORATIVE. INNOVATIVE. SERVICE-MINDED.
Do you pick up technologies quickly and are you an experienced leader of all things people and projects?
Roydan Enterprises is looking for an Applications Development Manager to manage the people, projects, and training for our software development department. As a software manager, you will evaluate existing applications, manage project scheduling, guide resource management and be responsible for executing on established timelines.
Responsibilities will include:
- Evaluate existing and future applications and functionality to determine project feasibility, timeline, and resources needed
- Research and evaluate internal and customer feedback for development recommendations of enhancements, maintenance, and security of the Roydan product suite
- Apply Agile and Kanban development strategies to enforce process and procedure to increase productivity
- Conduct all team ongoing training and development
- Meet with employees individually and as a department to discuss performance, project updates, and goals for individual development
- Regularly report to senior management on the status of development projects by timeline
- Travel, up to 6 times a year to visit key accounts, complete customer onboarding, and attend trade shows
What does it take to be a qualified Application Development Manager?
- Completed Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, MIS, or other related degrees
- 6 years of combined software development and team leadership
- Knowledge of Windows operating systems and the ability to navigate a Linux system
- Experience with object-oriented programming required
- Experience with the .Net framework, C#, and ASP.Net
- Experience with MS SQL databases required
- Experience with Entity Framework and knowledge of relational database design preferred
A successful manager of this team will also be able to:
- Listen effectively and communicate clearly between departments and the end-users
- Present and explain technical information to technical and non-technical audiences
- Demonstrate strong problem solving, decision making, and reasoning abilities all with a take-action approach
- Utilize strong planning, prioritizing, and organizational skills to meet work goals effectively and efficiently and deadlines
We Make it Easy
• Applying takes less than 2 minutes. No passwords or accounts to register or sign-in for.
• You are hired directly by the company – MRA does not make hiring decisions.
Founded in 1901, MRA is a nonprofit employer association that serves more than 4,000 employers, covering more than one million employees.
As one of the largest employer associations in the nation, MRA helps its member organizations thrive by offering the most comprehensive assortment of HR services, information, education, and resources to help build successful workplaces and a powerful workforce.
We partner with these companies working directly with their HR department and leadership to hire their talent. We are a direct line to the company, not an agency recruiter.