Hawkeye Area Community Action Program, Inc. (HACAP) is a diverse, community-focused nonprofit dedicated to empowering and improving the lives of families living with the everyday barriers of poverty.
What we are proud to offer you:
- Health and Dental Insurance
- Retirement Savings (IPERS and/or 403(b))
- Paid time off and 9 company paid holidays
- Short Term Disability after 1 year of employment
- Basic Life and AD&D coverage
- Employee Assistance Program
- Optional benefits: Flexible Spending, Long Term Disability, Voluntary Life and Voluntary Accident
Job Summary: This position is responsible for building and maintaining a partnership with families that encourages the growth, safety, and well-being of the entire family. The Family Support Worker/Home Visitor embodies a strength-based approach through which the parent can enhance their roles as the child’s primary teacher, and the family can achieve the skills and resources to attain and maintain self-sufficiency.
Education and/or Experience:
Bachelor degree in social work, human services, family services or counseling
Bachelor degree in a related field with credential or certification in social work and one (1) year experience working with young children and families
Hours and Wage:
Monday - Friday 8:00am-5:00pm; $16.56/hour