Sprinkler Fitter Journeyman
Delta Fire was formed in 1963 by fire protection engineers William A. Pickett and Nels C. Sparr. The duo wanted to build a professional organization they could be personally proud of. With that goal in mind, and their leadership and ability to attract good people, Delta Fire has grown to be one of the largest and most respected fire protection contractors in the intermountain area.
For years our main business focused on the design, installation and service of fire prevention and fire suppression services, but our alarm security and monitoring divisions are growing rapidly. Delta Fire currently employs more than 180 people, and we have experience in a variety of markets, including: commercial, residential, industrial, energy and power, mining, government and military.
We are headquartered in Salt Lake City, but have a total of seven office locations to serve a huge part of the intermountain area, including the Salt Lake Valley and southern Utah, Reno and northwest Nevada, and southern Idaho.
Delta Fire was acquired by APi Group, Inc. in 2008 and since then it has been able to benefit from the synergy of more than 35 companies; including competitive manufacturer pricing, robust insurance and bonding, and extensive safety and leadership training and resources. We are an industry leader in the installation of pre-action, foam, deluge, carbon dioxide and other clean agent and special hazard systems.
Insurance and other benefits through offered through Local 669 Union Collective Bargaining Agreement.
Description: Sprinkler Fitters are pipefitting specialists in the fire protection industry. This includes the installation and repair of fire sprinkler systems. We need a self-motivated individual with a strong work ethic. This is a bargaining unit position, defined as a Building Trades classification by 669.
- Install, repair and maintain all types of fixed extinguishing systems, including underground piping
- Responsible for installing and servicing a variety of other fire protection equipment such as standpipes, carbon dioxide systems, halon systems, foam systems and dry chemical systems
- Travel within the United States to work on various locations/job sites as necessary
- 669 is called “Road Sprinkler Fitters” which includes road installation work on projects which may be months at a time in a state away from your home. You must be willing to travel if called upon.
- Comply with union collective bargaining agreement
- Responsible for operating safely
- Must become a member of the UA Local Union 669 Road Sprinkler Fitters
- At least 18 years old
- at least 5 years experience is required
- High school diploma OR GED required
- Possess a valid driver’s license with a clean driving record
- Willing to lift up to at least 50 pounds
- Willing to climb ladders
- Strong mechanical background is preferred
- Strong knowledge of NFPA 13
- Ability to work in a fast-paced construction environment
- Must be able to pass a post-offer drug test and background check
All qualified applicants with Delta Fire Systems, Inc. will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin or status as a qualified individual with a disability or protected veteran.