Job Title: Scanning Field Technician
Supervisor: Kelly Reynolds, Sr. Field Engineer
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt / Hourly
Last Updated: July 2021
Better Building Data, a division of Metropolitan Mechanical Contractors, is seeking motivated Scanning Field Technicians to assist on a wide variety of projects for all phases of commercial and public infrastructure development and preservation. If you are someone who values hard work, honesty, and integrity; takes pride in yourself and the quality of your work; enjoys working on high-profile projects; and wants to gain unique life experiences, then this position may be for you. A qualified candidate should have some exposure to traditional laser scanning equipment and methodologies and be willing to learn new technologies as new processes and equipment are developed in the industry.
- Under the direction of the Crew Chief, identify and complete scanning on diverse projects.
- Transport, operate, and maintain field survey equipment, such as laser scanners, conventional and digital levels, GPS/GNSS receivers, data collectors, and two-way radios.
- Record detailed and accurate project notes.
- Transfer project survey data files.
- Conduct basic scanning equipment maintenance.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Basic understanding of fundamental scanning and imaging principles required; familiarity with Leica laser scanning equipment and software as well as high-definition laser scanning (HDS) experience preferred.
- Competence to master new technologies, procedures, and methodologies as needed.
- Data processing experience a must; AutoCAD and/or MicroStation drafting experience preferred.
- FAA Part 107 Certified Remote Pilot (or ability to complete in the future) and a basic understanding of fundamental photogrammetry principles desired.
- Strong communication and organizational skills.
- Acute attention to detail and strong ability to follow instructions.
- Ability and willingness to travel and a valid driver’s license and acceptable driving record required.
- Eligible to obtain access to restricted areas in airports, government buildings, utility facilities, etc.
- Skilled at reading legal survey documents, field notes, and engineering/architectural plans.
- This position requires physically demanding and repetitive tasks, such as standing, walking, lifting up to 50 lbs., bending, etc. for extended periods of time.
- This position will be in a variety of working environments including but not limited to:
- Outdoor working environments such as inclement weather, difficult terrain, and potentially dangerous locations, such as construction sites and industrial sites.
- Indoor worksites which may include cleanrooms, confined spaces, above/below average temperatures, various levels of moisture and humidity, dirt, dust, and/or darkness.
- Extended working hours, including some overnight/weekend work, may be required to accommodate the owner’s/client’s schedule and/or meet project deadlines.
- Short-term travel is required.
It’s what’s INSIDE that counts…
From immense construction projects that involve complex mechanical systems to custom service projects that require faster builds and reliable 24-hour service, Metropolitan Mechanical Contractors, Inc. (MMC) is your single source solution.
For more than 50 years, Metropolitan Mechanical Contractors, Inc. (MMC) has been designing, building and maintaining mechanical systems for some of the most well-known buildings in the Midwest. We are a fully-integrated large commercial mechanical contractor. We employ the industry’s best talent of engineers, tradesmen, project managers, customer support and office staff.
Why work at MMC?
We Work As a Team. MMC fosters a culture of collaboration and continuous improvement. We operate as a team to ensure the best experience for our clients, contractors and employees.
We Are Committed to Our Employees. At MMC, you are encouraged to:
- Make the decision you think in the right decision to make.
- Ask for help whenever you want it.
- Start something that needs to be started.
- Take time off to do something that inspires, excites and energizes you.
- Help others whenever you can.
- 401(K) match
- Competitive salary and benefits package
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESSP)
- Profit Sharing Plan
- Flexible work environment
- Incentives for environmentally-friendly behavior