Western States Fire Protection (WSFP) and its subsidiaries are more than a company. We are a family of unique individuals committed to our purpose, our values, and each other. And we believe in making our own luck, creating our own opportunities. WSFP accomplishes this by constantly innovating, finding ways to create new value and seizing new opportunities.
Protecting lives and property since 1985, WSFP and its subsidiaries specializes in Life Safety Systems. Our values are simple: integrity, quality, safety, professionalism, commitment.
What we offer:
- Health, Life, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Flex Spending (FSA) (Cafeteria Plan)
- 401(k) Plan
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Profit sharing plan
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Paid Holidays
Lead Inspection Technician
The Fire Alarm and Sprinkler Lead Inspector’s duties include testing and inspection of fire alarm and fire sprinkler systems and as well as preventative maintenance with knowledge of multiple manufacturers’ products. We have a need for self-motivated, customer service oriented Inspectors with strong written and verbal communication skills. The Inspector will provide accurate and detailed inspection reports with all proper documentation of improvements and existing conditions.
- Perform inspections, testing, installation, services and preventative maintenance of life safety and fire suppression equipment
- Handle low voltage wiring and corresponding devices for the operation of low voltage equipment
- Responsible for operating with minimal supervision while performing fire protection inspections and 24-hour service
- Inspect and service commercial fire sprinkler systems and associated equipment
- Daily communications with Project Manager and/or Schedule Coordinator, on inspection or project delays, requirements and general status of job
- Work with Project Manager, Schedule Coordinator and Office Administrative Staff to ensure complete closeout and turnover of jobs to the client (confirm work is completed to it can be billed in full).
- Responsible for training apprentices on Company procedures, system inspection and report accuracy
- Must comply with all company Safety standards and existing company policies
- Possesses NICET Level II or III
- Possesses local jurisdiction licensing
- Strong working knowledge of the life safety and NFPA codes
- High School diploma or equivalent is required
- Possess a valid driver’s license; in accordance with Company policy
- Clean appearance and reliable transportation in accordance with Company Health & Safety Pocketbook
- Required to pass drug screen, background check and reference check
- Able to complete documentation as necessary, proficient in the use of iPads and programs as required by company
- Capability to present information and respond to questions from managers, customers, AHJ’s (Authorities Having Jurisdiction) and the general public
The pay range for this position is $24-28 per hour, depending on experience.
All qualified applicants with Western States Fire Protection Company will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin or status as a qualified individual with a disability or protected veteran.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor