Mears Group, Inc safely provides comprehensive infrastructure services to fiber, wireline, and wireless carrier customers within the communications industry. With a focus on delivering for our customers at the highest quality and service, we need smart, dedicated individuals that take pride in their work and have the savvy to thrive in a rapidly growing environment.
Quanta Telecommunications is actively seeking Receptionist/Administrative Assistant to support the Construction office located in Austin, TX. In this role, you will greet visitors and direct them to the appropriate location/person, assist with administrative projects as necessary, maintain kitchen/office supplies, perform some billing functions and serve as a backup to the existing assistants in the office, all while exercising confidentiality, tact and diplomacy.
• Use business software applications (e.g. word processing, presentation, and spreadsheet) to prepare correspondence, reports, presentations, agendas, meeting minutes, etc.; may prepare responses to routine correspondence and inquires.
• Assist Leadership with all functions of daily operations, including greeting visitors, coordinating travel arrangements, and processing expense reports, maintaining calendars and scheduling meetings.
• Maintain supply inventory; anticipate supply needs; place and expedite supply orders and verify receipts.
• Work collaboratively and coordinate with other Administrative Assistants for planning and implementing lunches, events, and meetings during the year.
• Review/Enter/Process data for invoicing of clients
• Utilize and maintain customer software and data bases
• Manage invoices and coordinate invoice approvals; work with Accounting for department purchases.
• Maintain files and records, analyze data, and coordinate preparation of reports.
• Handle a wide variety of complex and confidential situations and resolve conflicts involving the clerical and administrative function of the office.
• Attend meetings and take actions to ensure deliverables are met.
• Adhere to internal standards, policies, and procedures.
DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS (Education, Experience and Skills):
• High School Diploma Required; Associate degree preferred or its equivalent and 3 years of experience.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality while working with sensitive information
• Ability and willingness to work in a construction office and maintain appropriate professionalism
• Self-starter who can work independently while supporting the needs of the team
• Excellent oral and written skills with an emphasis on grammar and proof reading
• Appropriately professional appearance and ability to work with all levels of employees in the organization, up to and including the C-Suite executives
• Strong decision-making skills
• Strong project coordination skills
• Ability to prioritize deliverables to meet timelines
• Job is performed in a typical office environment, but is subject to time pressures and constraints, and is often dependent on input from others.
• Business requirements may frequently necessitate that work be performed from home, after normal work hours or on weekends.
• Business requirements may include periodic travel.
• Subject to drug and alcohol testing, per applicable federal regulations or as required by Quanta.
ADA JOB REQUIREMENTS:
Reasonable accommodations will be made to ensure that the essential functions of the job can be performed and not hinder the employee's performance due to physical, mental, or emotional disability.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY:
Mears Group, Inc is an equal opportunity workplace. All employment decisions are made without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other legally protected categories. This includes providing reasonable accommodation if requested for disabilities or religious beliefs and practices.