Rich Fire Protection, a subsidiary of Davis-Ulmer Sprinkler Company, is a full-service fire protection contractor with complete design, installation, inspection, testing and maintenance capability that has been in business for over 25 years and offers a challenging work environment.
At Davis-Ulmer we believe that investing and empowering our employees as leaders develops an organization that delivers innovative solutions and services that create a superior customer experience. The unique blend of our leader's abilities and the ownership of their work, combined with our culture and values, creates something that is simply described as the Davis-Ulmer difference.
As a result of continued growth, we are currently seeking candidates for a Fire Alarm Inspector at our office in Pleasantville, NJ. Please read through the following job description, if you are interested in applying, please be sure to attach a cover letter and resume for our review.
What we offer
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Flex Spending
- Health Savings
- Profit Sharing
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Assistance Program
- Life and Disability Insurance Options
Inspectors are responsible for the accurate inspection of fire alarm and suppression systems. This position will correspond closely with customers as well as all internal personnel.
- Reads, interprets and applies technical design requirements of fire protection codes and standards (Such as NFPA 70, 72, etc.), building codes, fire codes, insurer criteria, and other technical design documents.
- Reads and interprets building construction documents such as drawings, specifications and other contract documents.
- Performs fire alarm inspections and service for commercial buildings.
- Have prior knowledge of or be willing to learn fire sprinkler & fire extinguisher inspection skills
- Prepares lists for ordering of fire alarm and detection system equipment.
- Surveys existing buildings for accurate, economical inspections and service of fire alarm and detection systems.
- Coordinates installation with electricians.
- Coordinates activities with project manager.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Possess or Obtain NICET Level certifications
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Must have a good mathematical aptitude
- Good oral, written and technical communication skills
- Good customer service skills
- Project Management skills
- Inspection sales and basic electrical knowledge
- Must be self-motivated and must attend training classes, courses and seminar as requested by supervisor
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
PHYSICAL DEMANDS and WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Ability to occasionally lift up to 50 pounds
- Depending on the customer site, noise level could be quiet (as in a library or public office) or moderate (as in a business office with computers and light traffic)
- Ability to withstand heights and climb ladders comfortably
LIMITATIONS and QUALIFICATIONS:
All job requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves or other employees.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying the position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by their supervisor in compliance with Federal and State Laws.
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the employee must possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently. Continued employment remains on an “at-will” basis.
Davis-Ulmer and its subsidiaries are affirmative action and equal opportunity employers, and do not discriminate on the basis of any legally protected status or characteristic. Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
DAVIS-ULMER'S ENDURING PURPOSE: "To Build Great Leaders"