Become Part of Our Team
As an industry leader Balfour Beatty offers employees a comprehensive benefits package with competitive salaries and more including:
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance
- Health Savings Account
- 401(k) with company match
- Flexible Spending Accounts (Dependent & Medical Reimbursement)
- Vacation Time
- Sick Time
- Paid Volunteer time
- Tuition Assistance
- Employee Referral Bonus
Balfour Beatty is currently seeking a Project Manager on the Learning and Development team to drive the successful execution of the My Contribution program. An initiator with an action-oriented team that thrives on collaboration, leveraging cross-functional expertise, and challenging the status quo to most effectively deploy our programs to help our employees achieve maximum impact.
A Project Manager, Learning and Development will develop and manage a set scope of work within one or more projects through setting effective expectations, communication, change management control, issue escalation and resolution, and overall understanding of project needs.
- Develops and manages a set scope of work within one or more projects through setting effective expectations, communication, change management control, issue escalation and resolution, and overall understanding of project
- Establishes rapport and maintains collaborative relationships on projects with primary contacts and key
- Stakeholder management at all levels of the organization and across all departments
- Ensures the right stakeholders are involved in the right way and at the right
- Establishes all relevant project information to assist in driving decision-making by
- Provides direction to assigned project team members and collaborates with peers and leadership to prioritize competing commitments among shared resources.
- Interfaces with project team members, often dispersed
- Maintains routine communications concerning all aspects of the
- Establishes, implements, and monitors the effectiveness of projects/programs/initiatives (e.g., return-on-investment, employee engagement, impact analysis, etc.) to provide leadership with quantifiable gauges of results and impact of strategies and
- Coordinates the development of user manuals, training materials, and other resources as needed to enable successful implementation and utilization of the process or system to end
- Participates in other projects/initiatives/opportunities/committees as
- Knowledge Skills and Abilities
- Familiarity with Project Management methodologies, best practices, and toolsets
- Project Management expertise specifically demonstrated success managing multiple clients and disparate initiatives on a long term-basis.
- Strong planning, organization, and time management skills with the ability to manage changing priorities, handle multiple projects, meet deadlines, and adapt to a changing
- Demonstrates an analytical approach to problem solving, understanding how things affect one another in an overall
- Skilled at conflict resolution and dealing with
- Ability to effectively communicate with all levels of management and
Education, Experience and Knowledge
- A Bachelor’s degree in Business, Project Management, or other related field of study; individuals with commiserate work experience will be considered in the absence of a
- Three or more years’ experience managing projects, including monitoring project scope and budget, creating project schedules, managing project resources, resolving issues, and reporting status.
- Ability to think through problems and come up with innovative solutions that best fit the needs of the business and
- Ability to prioritize tasks across multiple
- Adept in planning and leading change management
- Ability to develop and manage
- PMP Certification
- Familiarity of working in a Learning and Development environment
- Familiarity/experience with Learning & Development projects (instructional design, adult learning, and/or content development)
- Understanding of Learning and Development methodologies
- Ability to recognize performance improvement opportunities and gaps and clearly identify and articulate options and tools available to help drive desired behavior.
Balfour Beatty US is an industry-leading provider of general contracting, at-risk construction management and design-build services for public and private sector clients across the nation. Performing heavy civil and vertical construction, our teams build the unique structures and infrastructure that play an important role in how people live, work, learn and play in our communities. Our teammates have an instinctive passion for innovating that is fueled by a relentless curiosity, a drive to employ lean practices and processes and the determination to find a better way. Through Zero Harm®, we are challenging the construction industry’s assumptions about safety. We believe that no level of harm should come to anyone as a result of our business.
Consistently ranked among the nation’s largest building contractors by Engineering News-Record, our US business is a subsidiary of London-based Balfour Beatty plc (LSE: BBY).
Balfour Beatty is an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other criteria protected by federal, state or local law.