Tool Room Associate
For more than 100 years, the Jamar Company has built a reputation as an expert specialty contractor. We have a history of proven success in solving difficult challenges for our service, commercial and industrial customers. We’re headquartered in Duluth, MN with offices in the twin cities metro area, Green Bay and Spooner, WI, Bismarck and Watford City, ND, Windsor CO and Mountain View, WY. The Jamar Company also includes ASDCO Construction Supply, Arrowhead Refrigeration, CMS Mechanical Services and Industrial Contractors, Inc.
Jamar is seeking qualified candidates for a Tool Room Associate at our Green Bay location. This position is responsible for providing innovative customer solutions for internal and external customers, and supports all functions of tools and equipment, including tool check in/out, tool repair/upkeep ensuring safety first, procurement as directed, shipping and receiving, buildings and grounds. This position will operate warehouse equipment and drive to customer sites to pick up and drop off tools, equipment or product.
- Experience and knowledge of working in a tool/warehouse environment preferred.
- Mechanical aptitude preferred.
- Ability to regularly load and unload large tool crates with multiple sets of tools, heavy chains and field equipment (will be trained to identify tools by name, location and use).
- Demonstrated strong customer service skills.
- Proficient with computers (email, keyboarding for data entry).
- Must be 21 years of age, have a clean driving record, and ability to pass the required DOT physical.
- Ability to work longer hours and/or weekends as needed.
- Ability to drive a Forklift and become certified.
Certification, License, Registration:
- Forklift certification or ability to maintain within 30 days (provided by Jamar).
- Have or obtain DOT health card within 30 days (provided by Jamar). Required to maintain.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Position provides outstanding customer service in the following areas:
Tool & Equipment Fulfillment:
- Fill customer requests using lists as provided. Ensure all orders are accurate, complete and on time.
- Deliver tools and equipment to job sites in a timely manner as needed.
- Inspect and maintain incoming tools; assess the condition of tools for safe use or repair if needed. Communicate to appropriate staff regarding replacement needs.
- Assist management in issuance and return of fleet vehicles as necessary.
- Fill out Purchase Orders (PO log) and other paperwork accurately according to department/company standards.
Buildings and Grounds Maintenance:
- Assist manager in ensuring the safety and security of the building and grounds at all times.
- Responsive to internal requests for building maintenance. Tasks may include light bulb replacement, seasonal upkeep of parking lots, walkways, and building entrances, snow removal, garbage and recycling removal inside building; including any recycling or special receptacle needs.
Shipping and Receiving:
- Accept all incoming freight. Notify appropriate department personnel and store materials appropriately.
- Shipping to include packaging using best practices.
Company Level Support
- As needed, will provide driving / delivery support to business customers or projects, including tools, equipment, or product.
Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- Initiative and self-discipline
- Strong work ethic and customer service oriented
- Ability to work independently and collaborative in a team setting
- Ability to schedule/coordinate projects to meet deadlines
Physical Demands / Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to touch, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. Walking includes moving within a project site, including uneven surface/ground.
- The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- The environmental conditions for this position include climate controlled indoor activity to inclement outdoor extremes of cold, heat, dust, wind and various forms of precipitation. Exposure to a variety of noise and equipment vibration.
- Position is often in a heavy manufacturing/industrial area and will require up to 95% of time on the shop floor.
- Must be able to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) in plant and/or customer environments. PPE required when in the plant, yard, customer, or construction areas include:
- Hard Hat
- Safety Glasses / Goggles
- Steel-toed Boots
- High Visibility Vest
- Hearing Protection (designated areas)
- Personal Fall Arrest Harness
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance
- Long-Term Disability
- 401K and Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Paid Time Off
- Compensation commensurate with experience
For more than 100 years, Jamar has built a reputation as a solid partner delivering solid solutions. And, we don’t just hire anyone. We hire extraordinary people – the kind who:
- Share our values
- Never stop learning
- Care about the community
- Strive for continuous improvement
- Thrive in a team environment