New Center Stamping, Inc is hiring full time Weld Assembly operators. New Center Stamping offers a great benefit package and competitive pay.
Work as an assembler in a team format to manufacture components which meet or exceed customer requirements.
Weld and assemble product which meet or exceed customer requirements.
- Must have all required PPE (i.e. gloves, mitts, sleeves, safety glasses or goggles, ear plugs, etc.) before starting work.
- Follow all safety requirements and procedures.
- Operation of welding equipment and machinery.
- At the start of each job check customer sample part to verify exact location of all welds.
- Verify that all required components for assembly are available and in your work area.
- Detect nonconformities in parts ran in the production department that requires weld assembly process(s) before assembly.
- Locate components correctly before spot-welding.
- Inspect each weld to ensure proper location, form and shape.
- Check parts for defects and measure parts with straight edges or templates to ensure conformance to specifications.
- Monitor your work performance as well as others around you and suggest or make improvements to ensure quality parts.
- Must shut down any process immediately and inform the quality inspector of defects or nonconformities (i.e. cold welds, overheated weld guns, worn weld gun tips, incomplete welds, etc.).
- Dispose of all empty containers in the proper labeled receptacles.
Competencies and Education:
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Experience in manufacturing/welding/stamping environment preferred.
- Ability to understand and follow directions.
- Ability to visually detect general defects according to in-process inspection and comparison to customer sample at the weld station.