Owner Direct Sales Leader – MMC Controls
WHAT SUCCESS LOOKS LIKE:
MMC's Owner Direct Sales Leader differentiates themselves and MMC through excellent project execution. They create strong, profitable relationships with our customers and sell most of their own work. Success also is defined by living the core values of MMC.
- Consult with customers to develop HVAC/Smart Building Technology solutions to meet customer needs including financial and performance-based considerations. Find answers to customer technical questions.
- Constantly determine customer needs and market opportunities
- Acquire new customers and leads
- Convert new customer contacts and leads into opportunities by engaging the appropriate team members, managing the sales process, and communicating clearly required tasks to close business
- Develop and execute upon opportunity/account specific business plans, considering lifecycle analysis and customer master plans.
- Identify mutual support requirements needed to promote a long-term, profitable partnership with customers.
- Ability to Estimate Integrated Automation
- Teach and Mentor Project Managers and Assistant Project Managers in Change Order Estimating
- Manage Labor
- Labor Hour Forecasting
- Foreman and Crew Communication and Relationship Development
- Perform Audits
- Communicate with Field
- Plan For Safety
- Have Turnkey Proposal Skills
- Ability to Be an Owner Direct Account Manager
- Manage Future Opportunities
- Technical Knowledge
- HVAC Controls, Mechanical System Construction and Application Knowledge
- Design Skills
- Know Building Codes and Standards
- Operational Excellence
- Continuous Improvement of Self and MMC's Processes
- Follow Project Management Process Map
- Meet or Exceed Individual Gross Margin Plan
- Mentoring of Others
- Proven Sales and Project Management skills.
- HVAC/Energy/Smart Building Industry Sales experience.
- Develops strong, long-term customer relationships.
- Ability to consult customers and sell based upon financial needs/benefits
- Ability to consult with customers to uncover needs and develop HVAC/Financial solutions to those needs
- Proficient in reading/developing HVAC control:
- Job plans and specifications.
- Wiring and equipment schematics.
- Control strategies.
- Design/Build solutions
- Proficient in Microsoft Office: Word, Project, Excel and Visio
- Preferred experience in:
- Estimating digital HVAC control or related systems.
- Managing installation of digital control or related systems.
- Designing and applying digital control or related systems.
- Preferred: Knowledge of other control systems a plus.
- Preferred: Capable in Microsoft Visio drawing software.
For more than 50 years, Metropolitan Mechanical Contractors, Inc. (MMC) has been designing, building and maintaining complex mechanical systems for some of the most well-known buildings in the Midwest. We are a fully-integrated large commercial mechanical contractor. We employ some of the industry’s best talent of engineers, tradesmen, project managers, and customer support. With over 1,400 years of combined experience, you’d be hard pressed to find a contractor who knows more about mechanical systems than we do.
MMC has been involved in the design and construction of some of the most prominent structures in the Midwest including, but not limited to: Walker Art Center, Target Field, Target Center, Xcel Energy Center, Mall of America, Radisson Blu Mall of America, Guthrie Theater, University of Minnesota (Multiple Buildings), Accenture Tower, LaSalle Plaza, and Wells Fargo Center
Temperature Controls, Plumbing, Pipefitting, Sheet Metal, Ventilation, Data Center Operations and Repairs, Mechanical Engineers, Mechanical Contracting, Mechanical Construction, Mechanical Engineering, Specialty Subcontractor, HVAC
Why work at MMC?
We Work As a Team. MMC fosters a culture of collaboration and continuous improvement. We operate as a team to design, build and maintain complex mechanical systems for some of the most well-known buildings in the Midwest.
- 401(K) match
- Competitive salary and benefits package
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESSP)
- Profit Sharing Plan
- Flexible work environment
- Incentives for environmentally-friendly behavior
- Company events include volunteer and wellness activities, holiday parties, sporting events, and casual employee get-togethers ranging from summer grill-outs to local happy hours