Description & Details:
Metropolitan Mechanical Contractors are looking for a motivated individual who is looking to bring their mechanical experience to a growing dynamic team to draw and coordinate plumbing and mechanical piping systems. We are looking for someone who enjoys working as a team, has a good attitude and a willingness to work hard. This fast-paced job gives you the opportunity to be on the front end of projects and help identify problems before construction begins.
- Review plumbing and mechanical construction documents
- Draw and coordinate plumbing systems in AutoCAD Fabrication/Revit
- Create shop drawings for field and fabrication shop
- Closely communicate with field and project managers
- Attendance at project coordination meetings
- Ability to multitask and manage multiple projects
- Field experience a plus but not necessary
- Experience with the following software’s:
- AutoCAD Fabrication
- Revit base knowledge
- Navisworks Manage
- Microsoft Excel/Outlook
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
How will you succeed?
- Strong leadership, communication, problem solving, initiative, and teamwork skills
- Demonstrated ability to lead by influencing and effective socialization of core initiatives
- Demonstrated ability to translate ideas to action and lead others in progressing core initiatives
- Positive and professional attitude and strong customer service skills
- Proven track record of collaboration leadership of a diverse team with conflicting needs
- Proactive, self-motivated, independent learner and takes initiatives
- Creative team player and able to inspire other to act in support of the common good
- Innovator - passionate about new technologies, processes, and methodologies
- Working knowledge of construction contracts and generally accepted business practices
For more than 50 years, Metropolitan Mechanical Contractors, Inc. (MMC) has been designing, building and maintaining complex mechanical systems for some of the most well-known buildings in the Midwest. We are a fully-integrated large commercial mechanical contractor. We employ some of the industry’s best talent of engineers, tradesmen, project managers, and customer support. With over 1,400 years of combined experience, you’d be hard pressed to find a contractor who knows more about mechanical systems than we do.
MMC has been involved in the design and construction of some of the most prominent structures in the Midwest including, but not limited to: Walker Art Center, Target Field, Target Center, Xcel Energy Center, Mall of America, Radisson Blu Mall of America, Guthrie Theater, University of Minnesota (Multiple Buildings), Accenture Tower, LaSalle Plaza, and Wells Fargo Center
Temperature Controls, Plumbing, Pipefitting, Sheet Metal, Ventilation, Data Center Operations and Repairs, Mechanical Engineers, Mechanical Contracting, Mechanical Construction, Mechanical Engineering, Specialty Subcontractor, HVAC
Why work at MMC?
We Work As a Team. MMC fosters a culture of collaboration and continuous improvement. We operate as a team to design, build and maintain complex mechanical systems for some of the most well-known buildings in the Midwest.
- 401(K) match
- Competitive salary and benefits package
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESSP)
- Profit Sharing Plan
- Flexible work environment
- Incentives for environmentally-friendly behavior
- Company events include volunteer and wellness activities, holiday parties, sporting events, and casual employee get-togethers ranging from summer grill-outs to local happy hours