Mears is an industry leading energy infrastructure solutions provider that offers engineering & construction services to the markets we serve. With operations throughout North America and internationally, Mears is focused on meeting the growing demands of our customers through distinct, yet complementary, Operating Divisions.
We believe that our success begins with our employees
Mears is an industry leading energy solutions provider driven by our Core Values - Safety, Quality, Ownership, Integrity, Service and Team.
At Mears, our employees are our number one asset and the foundation of our continued success. Our culture is about creating an environment where all employees can be themselves, are valued and have equal opportunities to succeed. Our goal is to hire individuals who best embody our vision and core values. We offer career opportunities across numerous disciplines for professionals, military veterans, recent graduates and students. When you join our team, you join a dynamic culture in which career development is encouraged - excellence is rewarded and diversity is valued. We encourage and support ideas, innovation and advancement and offer the following benefits:
- Competitive Pay
- Health Insurance
- Career Advancement Pathways
- Retirement Program
We are committed to providing meaningful careers in engineering and construction services for the oil and natural gas, electric and telecom industries. If you are looking for a meaningful career that improves communities, provides opportunity for growth and has the ability to change lives - take a look at our opportunities and start your journey with us today!
Sewer Camera Inspector
We are currently seeking a skilled Sewer Camera Inspector to work Mears Group – Mears Inc. subdivision Construction projects. In this role, you will assist with the safety of our employees, the public, and our client all while conducting pipe inspections for construction sites and industrial facilities.
Our projects are regulated by federal and state laws which require all employees to successfully pass criminal background checks, MVR, and drug tests (post-employment and random testing).
In this role you would:
- Conduct pipe inspections for construction sites and industrial facilities
- Locate and mark infrastructure in the streets and right of ways
- Prepare inspection and other related reports
- Assist with setting up construction work zones
- Direct safe coordination of vehicles and equipment
- Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned
Job Responsibilities with the ability to:
- Perform all duties in a safe manner
- Adhere to hours of work and maintain an efficient work schedule
- Understand and work in sewer and storm infrastructure
- Meet deadlines
- Maintain a clean and safe workspace
- Promote good public relations
- Work cooperatively in the course of daily activities
DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS (Education, Experience and Skills):
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Must have or obtain NASSCO Certification
- Familiar with CCTV (close circuit tv) equipment
- Ability to read, understand, follow, and enforce safety procedures and directions
- Knowledge of Pipe Logics, Winncan, Granit XP, Word, and Excel
- Ability to maintain a valid Class C driver’s license
- Ability to read and understand maps and drawings
- Ability to use hand and power tools applicable to trade (use of hand tools, operate generators and equipment, use of locating equipment)
- Must be able to pass OSHA and safety training program
WORKING ENVIRONMENT/PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
Work is performed most frequently outdoors in weather conditions that vary from freezing temperatures to heat above 90 degrees, in wet and dry conditions and in rural areas. Work may be performed in confined spaces. Some exposure to odors, gases, dust and dirt may occur. The noise level in the work environment may range from moderate to loud.
Lifting and carrying of 10 up to 60 pounds frequently is required. Reaching and lifting overhead is frequent. Job requires standing, crawling, climbing, bending, twisting, pushing, pulling and reaching a majority of the time. Work may include manual labor up to an including digging a hold 4x4x4.
It is the continuing policy of Mears Group to afford equal opportunities for all qualified persons, regardless of their race, creed, color, age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, disability, medical condition, marital status, veteran status or any other protected class at the local, state, or federal level. No person shall be excluded from employment consideration on the basis of these factors.