Mears Construction, A Quanta Services Company
At Mears Construction, we believe in developing and retaining the best people in the industry and providing the best value services to our customers in the natural gas and electric industries. We take pride in developing the infrastructure of our country by connecting people and resources. As an industry leader over the last 65 years, we have built our reputation as a premier provider of services with a solid track record of performance, integrity and – above all – a commitment to safety, quality, and our people.
Senior Project Coordinator
This position is an project coordinator position. The project coordinator will be assigned projects, programs or tasks as appropriate. Typical tasks will range in volume and complexity. The position will report directly to the General Superintendent.
What Do You Offer Us?
- Assist Operations with on-boarding new employees (when required).
- Assist in project office set-up
- Create and communicate the project plan: safety orientations, training, etc.
- Accruals tracked weekly and turned in at the end of every week
- Scheduling work and crew make ups on MS Project for internal and external use.
- Weekly manager and cost per man hour reports to stakeholders
- Review invoices from subcontractors to confirm production and accurate accounting
- Work with Accounts Receivable and Billing Department to make sure all revenue is accounted for and accurate
- Forecasting month and year for each project and program
- End of month explanations for variances in the forecast to actuals
- Set up new projects
- Create purchase orders
- Design review and estimate take offs
- Work with internal support groups (Finance & Accounting, Billing, etc.) to set up projects in accounting system
- Develop, maintain and update program documentation.
- Program task management (as assigned by Manager).
- Develop and maintain program file system (physical and electronic)
- Maintain customer contact to obtain project specific information.
- Assist Project Manager in development of change order requests (as required)
- Maintain project specific documentation and requirements as stated within project contract documents
- Estimate costs based on provided estimating tools and or works with others to develop costs
- Complete project close-out per company standards
- Basic understanding of Natural Gas Industry standards and practices
- Ability to interpret field conditions and communicate project requirements to team
- Ability to develop and communicate ideas regarding project cost trends
- All duties as assigned
What We Offer You:
- Paid on-the-job technical and professional training
- Defined career path for future growth
- Competitive wages and industry-leading benefits including Retirement Plan
What is Required?
- 2-5 years of experience (natural gas industry is preferred)
- Bachelor’s degree preferred but not necessary
- Quality Orientation -accurately checking processes and task of the job
- Basic Accounting and Finance Concepts and Applications
- Adaptability and Multitasking Capability
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications (specifically, MS Word, MS Excel and MS Outlook)
- Ability to work under minimal supervision and still deliver on related tasks
This position is subject to the Federal Department of Transportation (DOT) drug & alcohol testing regulations as outlined in 49 CFR Part 382 and/or 49 CFR Part 199.