In a world where you can trust your cannabis more than your food, Blüm is the place you visit for dependable products and services in an inviting retail environment. If this is a world you would like to be apart of, we welcome you to come blüm WITH US!
The General Manager is responsible for overseeing the operations and management of the retail location. The GM creates and implements SOPs, trains and educates staff, serves as administrator for POS system and serves as a liaison between the retail environment and our corporate stakeholders.
- Participates in developing and implementing operational rules, regulations, policies, and procedures
- Manage, supervises and directs the activities of the dispensary team.
- Enforces dispensary policies and ensures that staff follows best practices.
- Oversees and manages quality product inventory and financial records.
- Ensures the dispensary remains compliant with security, inventory and local and state regulations.
- Manages financial records and cash handling procedures.
- Manages and inspires internal staff to deliver the highest level of customer experience.
- Ensures the safety and satisfaction of both the patients and employees.
- Provides education for staff about medical cannabis strains, edibles, concentrates and consumption mechanisms.
- Works with Head of Retail Operations to create budgets and forecast sales.
- Promotes sales, service, and profit goals and leads staff to exceed them.
- Facilitates business relationships with wholesalers and other vendors to negotiate and procure an adequate supply of quality products.
- Oversees employee scheduling.
- Serves as a liaison to the local community.
- Maintains in-depth knowledge of products and strains in the store, as well as industry-wide product knowledge.
- Reviews performance of other dispensary employees on a regular basis.
- Oversees all hiring, discipline, termination or advancement of employees.
- Performs other related duties and projects as business needs require at direction of management.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or 3-4 years of relevant management experience.
- Experience in the cannabis industry preferred
- Must possess proficient English skills, both written and verbal.
- Must possess effective oral communication and interpersonal skills with ability to deal with all levels of personnel in a professional and effective manner.
- Demonstrated written skills to convey high-level concepts in concise written form.
- Ability to create and compose written materials with proper English grammar and punctuation.
- Ability to communicate clearly with employees, management, and team members.
- Ability to convey information in a clear and concise manner.
- Ability to communicate effectively in a multi-cultural business environment.
Knowledge and Abilities:
- Must be a self-starter with a strong sense of self-development.
- Must possess strong conflict management skills.
- Knowledge and understanding of standard concepts, practices, and procedures within the retail cannabis environment.
- Knowledge of laws and regulations related to cannabis operations.
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills and time management skills.
- Demonstrated approachability and customer service skills.
- Demonstrated reliability, dependability and flexibility in work habits.
- Possess a strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Proficient knowledge of general office procedures and office machines.
- Advanced skills in the MS Office suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook).
- Ability to research and understand regulations for particular cannabis retail markets.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality, exhibiting a high level of integrity and trustworthiness.
- Ability to work independently and contribute effectively as part of a team.
Physical Demands: The physical demands listed below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position.
- Ability to frequently bend and/or twist at waist/knees/neck to and from seated position while working at desk/bench and reaching for equipment.
- Ability to frequently use standard office equipment such as but not limited to computers, telephones, copiers, and scanners.
- Ability to frequently communicate with others.
- Ability to maintain long periods of mental alertness and attention to detail while setting priorities, meeting critical deadlines, and following up on assignments.
- Ability to constantly perform sedentary work, spending extended periods of time at desk or workstation.
- Ability to seldom stand and/or walk for extended periods of time.
- Ability to seldom climb stairs at some locations.
- Ability to seldom push and/or pull up to thirty (30) pounds.
- Ability to seldom lift or carry up to thirty (30) pounds.
- Ability to keyboard for extended periods of time.
- Ability to function in an environment with frequent interruptions.
- Ability to deliver quality results under high pressure deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to demonstrate normal manual dexterity and eye-hand coordination; maintain corrected hearing and vision to normal range.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this position.
- Primarily a heavy trafficked retail setting in a cannabis dispensary with moderate noise levels and direct exposure to hazardous chemicals at times.
The Benefits of Joining Our Team:
- Awesome company culture!
- Opportunities for advancement
- Medical / Dental / Vision insurance
- Voluntary Supplemental Life insurance
- 401(k) plan with generous company match
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Employee Referral Bonus Program
- Paid Time Off (PTO); ability to donate/share/cash-out PTO
- Paid Holidays
- Company parties and events
- Talented, fun, and high integrity group of coworkers!