At Mears Construction, we believe in developing and retaining the best people in the industry and providing the best value services to our customers in the natural gas and electric industries. We take pride in developing the infrastructure of our country by connecting people and resources. As an industry leader over the last 65 years, we have built our reputation as a premier provider of services with a solid track record of performance, integrity and – above all – a commitment to safety, quality, and our people.
Directional Drill Locator
The Directional Drill Locator is responsible for interpreting the signals sent from underground transmitters about location, angle, temperature, and other factors for the drill operator, who operates the drill.
What Do You Offer Us?
- Assist when required in all locating aspects of the project as directed by the Drill Operator
- Handle physically demanding construction duties.
- Assist crew members in placing underground pipes, conduits, manual labor and shovel work, operate power tools
- Minimum 1 years’ experience operating drilling machinery – Vermeer or Ditch Witch preferred
- Work as a part of a crew
What We Offer You:
- Paid on-the-job technical and professional training
- Defined career path for future growth
- Competitive wages and industry-leading benefits including Retirement Plan
What Is Required?
- Driver’s License and excellent driving record.
- Excellent Computer Skills.
- Previous underground utility experience
- Must be able to follow instruction
- Have good manual dexterity and machine-control skills
- Must be able to stoop, kneel, crouch, dig, and reach
- Must be able to lift, carry, and place heavy objects
This position is subject to the Federal Department of Transportation (DOT) drug & alcohol testing regulations as outlined in 49 CFR Part 382 and/or 49 CFR Part 199.
Open Interviews for this position on June 8th, 15th, 22nd, and 29th from 9:00 am - 2:00 pm will be located at:
QTS: 3019 Alvin Devane, Suite 450, Austin, TX 78741
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and veterans.