Mears Construction, A Quanta Services Company
At Mears Construction, we believe in developing and retaining the best people in the industry and providing the best value services to our customers in the natural gas and electric industries. We take pride in developing the infrastructure of our country by connecting people and resources. As an industry leader over the last 65 years, we have built our reputation as a premier provider of services with a solid track record of performance, integrity and – above all – a commitment to safety, quality, and our people.
OSP Construction Foreman
This position has complete understanding and knowledge of aerial/underground line work in telecommunication construction. Has the ability to lead subordinates in a crew experience on the job. The ideal foreman will be responsible for new construction, repair and installation of fiber lines and have experience working with the hanging of fiber on power or telecommunication poles.
What Do You Offer Us?
- Supervise and monitor daily operations by planning and managing to job specifications
- Maintain all necessary paperwork and documentation
- Oversee safety by modeling behaviors and providing corrective action when appropriate
- Support crew by operating equipment and doing labor as needed
- Pre-survey job location and ensure utility locates have been performed
- Manage and develop effective customer and employee relations
- Ability to analyze and resolve work challenges.
- Secure work site to ensure public safety and safety of equipment and materials
- Coach, train, and evaluate employees’ and guide towards goal achievement
- Perform miscellaneous duties as assigned
What We Offer You:
- Paid on-the-job technical and professional training
- Defined career path for future growth
- Competitive wages and industry-leading benefits including Retirement Plan
What Is Required?
- 2-5 years of field experience and have the knowledge to identify violations and safety issues
- Current valid driver’s license (preferably CDL Class-A) with a clean driving record is required.
- Willing to travel to assigned work locations
This position is subject to the Federal Department of Transportation (DOT) drug & alcohol testing regulations as outlined in 49 CFR Part 382 and/or 49 CFR Part 199.
Open Interviews for this position on June 8th, 15th, 22nd, and 29th from 9:00 am - 2:00 pm will be located at:
QTS: 3019 Alvin Devane, Suite 450, Austin, TX 78741
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and veterans.