At Mears Construction, we believe in developing and retaining the best people in the industry and providing the best value services to our customers in the natural gas and electric industries. We take pride in developing the infrastructure of our country by connecting people and resources. As an industry leader over the last 65 years, we have built our reputation as a premier provider of services with a solid track record of performance, integrity and – above all – a commitment to safety, quality, and our people.
This position performs duties as directed by foreman while operating any or all of the following equipment: Backhoes, excavators, vibratory or static plows, trenchers or directional bore machines in the installation, removal or maintenance of underground utilities. Must have a valid CDL driver’s license. Meet requirements for DOT certification.
What Do You Offer Us?
- Safely operate any assigned equipment.
- Advanced directional drill experience.
- Pre-trip equipment prior to operation of equipment. Check and maintain fluids and grease vehicles as directed or appropriate.
- Load material or equipment for transport from show-up yard to job site and secure as appropriate.
- Participate in job hazard analysis on daily basis or as often as conditions change.
- Place, remove or maintain underground utilities as directed. This includes laborer duties such as carrying pipe, bags of material and other heavy items, jack hammering, shoveling, tamping and installing pipe, duct or cable.
- Assist in securing work site, equipment and materials at the end of each shift to ensure public safety and safety of equipment and materials.
- Prepare documents, reports or job aids related to work, equipment and safety as assigned.
- Ability to travel.
- Additional duties as assigned.
What We Offer You:
- Paid on-the-job technical and professional training
- Defined career path for future growth
- Competitive wages and industry-leading benefits including Retirement Plan
What Is Required?
- Valid CDL Driver’s License and excellent driving record.
- Excellent Computer Skills.
- Directional Drill Experience.
This position is subject to the Federal Department of Transportation (DOT) drug & alcohol testing regulations as outlined in 49 CFR Part 382 and/or 49 CFR Part 199.
Open Interviews for this position on June 8th, 15th, 22nd, and 29th from 9:00 am - 2:00 pm will be located at:
QTS: 3019 Alvin Devane, Suite 450, Austin, TX 78741
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and veterans.