Mears Group, Inc.
Sr. Technician / Crew Leader Job Description
Mears Group, A Quanta Services Company
At Mears Group, we believe in developing and retaining the best people in the industry and providing best value services to our customers in the natural gas and electric industries. We take pride in developing the infrastructure of our country by connecting people and resources. As an industry leader, we have built our reputation as a premier provider of services with a solid track record of performance, integrity and – above all – a commitment to safety, quality and our people.
What Do You Offer Us?
- Lead a crew of 2-4 team members surveying underground pipelines to identify areas of concern
- Conduct daily safety meetings and ensure field technicians always follow safety rules and procedures
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures
- Proficient at using all survey equipment
- Know required survey procedures and train field technicians when necessary
- Manage day-to-day field surveys, lead field technicians in data collection in accordance with project scope and assign daily tasks
- Coach and motivate field technicians, evaluate performance, and provide feedback
- Communicate regularly with client representatives regarding issues and progress
- Document daily activities, issues, and progress on the daily report
- Monitor and meet project goals and objectives
- Review collected data daily to ensure quality and compliance with procedures and project scope
- Review crew technicians’ timesheets for accuracy
What We Offer You:
- Paid on-the-job technical and professional training
- Defined career path for future growth
- Weekly payroll
- Competitive wages and industry-leading benefits including Retirement Plan
What is Required?
- Valid Driver’s License
- Pass Pre-Employment drug screen and background check
- High school diploma or GED
- NACE CP1 certification preferred
- Experience managing field crews
- Proficient in reading and writing
- Travel 4-6 weeks at a time.
- Must be able to stand or walk for long periods with repeated lifting (Up to 50 lbs.), kneeling, crawling, climbing and reaching
- Must be able to be a subject of loud work environments
- Must be able to be a subject of extreme cold and warm outside work environmental temperatures
This position is subject to the Federal Department of Transportation (DOT) drug & alcohol testing regulations as outlined in 49 CFR Part 382 and/or 49 CFR Part 199.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and veterans.