Mears Construction, A Quanta Services Company
At Mears Construction, we believe in developing and retaining the best people in the industry and providing best value services to our customers in the natural gas and electric industries. We take pride in developing the infrastructure of our country by connecting people and resources. As an industry leader, we have built our reputation as a premier provider of services with a solid track record of performance, integrity and – above all – a commitment to safety, quality and our people.
Project Manager will work directly with the PMO to implement and maintain project management processes throughout Mears Construction. The role is responsible for assisting the Director of Operations and/or Operations Manager with a consistent model of tracking projects within blanket contracts and awarded bid projects.
What Do You Offer Us?
- Understanding, forecasting and communicating project workload within the division
- Tracking, monitoring and working integrally with the estimating team on all bids from receival to submittal
- Work with the managers to develop proposals and production estimates
- Supporting all operations with consistent and reliable information by implementing and maintaining a strong Project Management System
- Negotiate with vendors, suppliers, and subcontractors
- Develop project schedules with emphasis on balancing tasks with resources and financial goals
- Review production schedules along with work progress and asset utilization and work with managers to make corrective actions to meet production and profit goals
- Implement and maintain project execution planning and management that will ensure assigned projects are completed
- Managing internal and external resource allocation, managing internal and customer driven processes
- Adhere to PMO established Project Management principles
- All other duties as assigned
What We Offer You:
- Paid on-the-job technical and professional training
- Defined career path for future growth
- Competitive wages and industry-leading benefits including Retirement Plan
What is Required?
- Minimum 5 years of experience in the construction field with an emphasis in project management, estimating, and/or scheduling
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in related field
- PMP Certified or In-Progress
- Ability to travel when needed to support multiple operating units nationwide, up to 50%
- May have opportunities for future relocation
- Self-motivated, result-driven, detailed focused
- Must have excellent organizational and time management skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite including MS Excel and MS Project or Primavera P6
- Strong communication and customer service skills
- Demonstrate progressive skills in job knowledge, communication, planning, collaboration, decision-making, judgement and problem solving
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
This position is subject to the Federal Department of Transportation (DOT) drug & alcohol testing regulations as outlined in 49 CFR Part 382 and/or 49 CFR Part 199.