Are you looking for a home for the best years of your career? A place where you can contribute to a dynamic employee-owned firm, tackle challenging project work, and collaborate with industry recognized professionals? Geosyntec is the place for you! We’re are seeking an exceptional Senior-Level Structural Engineer who has at least 8 years of experience to help grow our national Dams and Hydraulic Structures Engineering practice and contribute to innovative and challenging projects involving heavy-civil works and hydraulic structures such as concrete dams, spillways, outlet works, conveyance systems, river navigation locks, flood walls, and powerhouses.
Our clients ask us to address their new ventures and most challenging problems involving the civil infrastructure, natural resources, and the environment. Ranked by ENR in the top 50 design firms. Geosyntec is internationally known for its technical leadership, broad experience, and exceptional client service. Learn more by visiting www.geosyntec.com.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Collaboration and mentoring are cornerstones of Geosyntec’s culture. We operate under a sell-manage-do culture, and so we expect that you’d work on challenging technical projects while leveraging your existing knowledge and experience to help Geosyntec expand its current practices and capabilities through business development and client management. You may also be asked to take on project management responsibilities, along with staff management and development, and mentoring tasks. Some of the key responsibilities for the position include:
- Dam safety inspections of concrete dams and their appurtenances;
- Stability analyses of concrete dams in accordance with Federal standards such as USACE, Reclamation, and FERC;
- Analysis, design, and detailing of: rehabilitation schemes for dams and appurtenances; foundations and anchoring systems; reinforced concrete structures; roller-compacted concrete (RCC) dams; chute spillway structures; energy dissipation structures; aprons, and channels;
- Instrumentation of dams and ancillary structures;
- Structural evaluation and/or design of spillway gates, including seismic evaluations;
- Dynamic structural analysis of dam-related structures (e.g., intake towers, surge tanks, spillway piers, etc.);
- Preparing technical documents including reports, calculation packages, CAD drawings, and construction specifications;
- Preparing specifications and concrete mix design for conventional concrete, RCC, and self-consolidating concrete (SCC) structures;
- Potential failure modes analysis;
- Risk and reliability analysis;
- Structural value engineering, design review, and constructability review;
- Design services during construction; and
- Preparation of proposals and developing business with new and existing clients.
Here are some other things you should know about this position:
- Training: This position requires OSHA/MSHA health and safety, first aid, and CPR training and medical monitoring, paid for by the firm. We also offer professional development opportunities including technical conferences, in-house seminars, webinars, and mentoring, that allow our professionals to build the technical and business skills necessary to become successful consultants.
- Fieldwork: Up to 20%
- Overnight travel: Up to 20%
Your success is our success. We encourage our professionals to continually develop their interests and skills. Advancement is based on an individual’s own performance and initiative.
EDUCATION AND LICENSURE
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering (Structural). (required)
- Advanced degree in Civil Engineering. (preferred)
- Registered as a Professional Engineer in the U.S. or the ability to obtain licensure within 6 months of hire. (required)
- NCEES Record for PE comity. (preferred)
SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- At least 8 years of progressive experience in consulting industry, or equivalent combination of advanced education and experience. (required)
- Knowledge of relevant structural engineering design and detailing software. (required)
- Knowledge of CAD/VDC/BIM software. (preferred)
- Knowledge of general numerical modeling tools. (preferred)
- Knowledge of Risk-Informed-Decision-Making methodologies such as FERC, USACE, and Reclamation. (preferred)
- Ability to succeed in a fast-paced consulting environment, handling multiple project assignments, meeting strict deadlines, and traveling to client facilities as needed. (required)
- Valid U.S. driver’s license and a satisfactory driving record for business travel. (required)
Geosyntec strives to hire and retain the best and brightest people in their fields. We look for exceptional interpersonal skills, communication skills, and problem-solving abilities, plus the passion for technical excellence and quality. We seek individuals with leadership potential, a commitment to lifelong learning and growth, and the desire to build a long and rewarding career with a growing Firm.
Geosyntec is a great place to build a career. If you're looking for an exciting place to work, a place with challenging and rewarding projects, and a place that has been nationally recognized for its employees' quality of life, technical expertise, and business success, then Geosyntec may be the place for you. You can learn more about careers and employment at Geosyntec by visiting http://www.geosyntec.com/careers/
We are proud to offer our employees a highly competitive benefits package. Learn more by visiting http://www.geosyntec.com/careers/employee-benefits