Mears Construction, A Quanta Services Company
At Mears Construction, we believe in developing and retaining the best people in the industry and providing the best value services to our customers in the natural gas and electric industries. We take pride in developing the infrastructure of our country by connecting people and resources. As an industry leader over the last 65 years, we have built our reputation as a premier provider of services with a solid track record of performance, integrity and – above all – a commitment to safety, quality, and our people.
Support operations by loading/unloading equipment, supplies and materials. Duties for our CDL Driver include general labor which is physically demanding.
What Do You Offer Us?
- Transport and dump loose materials
- Inspect and maintain equipment daily
- Mix, pour, and spread concrete and asphalt
- Perform a variety of tasks such as removing forms, placing pipe in trench, jackhammer and tapping
- Work in a team environment to accomplish daily goals
- Perform miscellaneous duties as assigned
What We Offer You:
- Paid on-the-job technical and professional training
- Defined career path for future growth
- Weekly Payroll
- Competitive wages and industry-leading benefits including Retirement Plan
What is Required?
- Must possess a valid Commercial Driver’s License (CDL)
- Knowledge of DOT regulations
- DOT Medical Card
- Pass Pre-Employment drug screen and background check
- Must be able to stand or walk for long periods with repeated lifting, kneeling, crawling, climbing and reaching
- High school Diploma or equivalent
- Minimum 1 year construction general labor experience or military equivalent
This position is subject to the Federal Department of Transportation (DOT) drug & alcohol testing regulations as outlined in 49 CFR Part 382 and/or 49 CFR Part 199.