Balfour Beatty needs a high-energy, multi-tasking Marketing Lead to join our Florida team!
Consistently ranked as a top “Best Place to Work,” Balfour Beatty is seeking a Marketing Project Lead with mid-level (3 to 5 years) relevant experience to join our team. The successful candidate will be part of a high-performing, fast-paced marketing team within Balfour Beatty’s Florida Division. As a Marketing Project Lead, you will work closely with operations, leadership, and business development teams to develop client proposals and interview strategies, assisting in the pursuit of new business/clients. You will also be supporting the Communications efforts of our Florida Division.
Essential Functions Include:
Proposals & Interviews:
- Manage proposal process from start to finish (RFIs, RFQs, RFPs)
- Work with marketing, operations, and business development teams to plan, prepare, write, design, and produce all proposal and presentation materials for new business/clients
- Lead the development of interview presentation materials and coach teams
- Provide storyboarding and message development for strategic pursuits
- Maintain and enforce company brand standards and quality control procedures
Communications & Social Media:
- Research, write, and obtain required reviews/approvals for social media channels (LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube), internal/external newsletters, press releases, and SnapComms
- Write communications copy for review and editing by others with minimal edits/changes necessary
- Assist in developing advertisements, sponsorships, award submissions, and website updates
- Communicate and coordinate tasks/approvals with both local and national communications teams
- Create, track and maintain marketing information: employee resumes, client testimonials, project information, photography, and all CRM/internal data, as needed
- Communicate and collaborate with marketing staff in other offices as well as corporate marketing
- Coordinate conference attendance and sponsorships
- Assist with gathering market research
- Support and represent company at industry events, as needed
- Provide support to Marketing Coordinators
- Participate in industry associations (SMPS), conferences, and trainings, as applicable
- Most of the work is completed in an office setting with intermittent sitting, standing, and walking.
Education, Experience and Knowledge
- Associate’s or bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, Technical Writing or a related field
- Minimum 3 years relevant experience (A/E/C Industry experience strongly desired)
- Strong organizational, written, and verbal communication skills
- Ability to multi-task working against several fast-paced deadlines
- Ability to make decisions under tight deadlines, changing priorities and in the face of incomplete information
- Able to create, manage, and revise schedules and related assignments based on priorities of assigned projects
- Exhibit strong team commitment to collaboration and exceeding internal and external client needs
- Must be proficient in MS Office Suite and Adobe programs, specifically InDesign
To succeed in this role you need the ability to work in a fast-paced and deadline driven environment with strong attention to detail; excellent prioritization and time management skills with the ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously; the ability to follow through on assigned tasks with limited supervision; and a strong spirit of teamwork and outstanding collaborative interpersonal skills.
Balfour Beatty US is an industry-leading provider of general contracting, at-risk construction management and design-build services for public and private sector clients across the nation. Performing heavy civil and vertical construction, our teams build the unique structures and infrastructure that play an important role in how people live, work, learn and play in our communities. Our teammates have an instinctive passion for innovating that is fueled by a relentless curiosity, a drive to employ lean practices and processes and the determination to find a better way. Through Zero Harm®, we are challenging the construction industry’s assumptions about safety. We believe that no level of harm should come to anyone as a result of our business.
Consistently ranked among the nation’s largest building contractors by Engineering News-Record, our US business is a subsidiary of London-based Balfour Beatty plc (LSE: BBY).
Balfour Beatty is an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other criteria protected by federal, state or local law.