Simon Group Holdings (SGH) is the family office for the founder of Atlas Oil Company. SGH assists the family in a variety of capacities including advising on corporate strategy across all the Simon Group Holdings; advising on new investment opportunities in real estate and private equity and managing the existing portfolio of assets. SGH is structured as a multi-family office, meaning several high-net worth families are investors alongside the Founder’s family.
SGH has a unique, entrepreneurial culture. We work hard, love what we do, focus on our investors and have fun in the process! Our phenomenal growth is attributable to our people and that’s why we are successful in recruiting top talent. As a team member, you’ll receive the support of the entire Simon Group Holdings team and be encouraged to learn and grow with us.
As a member of our finance team, you will focus on the review & presentation of incoming debt and equity requests, risk reward analysis, & both internal\external client financial modeling. Our ideal candidate is comfortable working with all levels of management to gain an in-depth understanding of our internal & external clients. From day one, you will have an impact on investment placed by our team and a lasting influence on our growth plans.
The Financial Analyst will report to the Financial Analyst and Underwriter of Simon Group Holdings and Real Estate.
- Utilizing Excel play a key role in analysis of real estate assets utilizing Net Present Value, Discounted Cash Flow, Internal Rate of Returns and distribution waterfall structures
- Participate in full deal execution with on-site due diligence, underwriting and closing processes
- Assist in the preparation of presentations to be presented to Investment Committee, Executive management, & Investors
- Build out in-depth financial, portfolio and market analysis about target companies and assets
- Review of internal\external equity and debt requests
- Bachelors degree in Real Estate, Finance, Accounting, Economics, or related field.
- 1+ years of experience in commercial real estate, private equity or investment banking. New grads with a strong real estate valuation or PE internship experience will also strongly be considered
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and knowledge of competencies in MS Project.
- Ability to efficiently develop thorough analyses and communicate reasonable, accurate and defendable conclusions.
- Excellent communication skills, collaborative and thrives in a high-energy, high impact environment
- 401K Matching
- Dental, Health, Vision, & Life Insurance
- Paid Time off
- FSA & HSA
Here are some of the reasons you’ll love working here:
- Downtown Birmingham office.
- Free undercover parking.
- Variety of free snacks and drinks.
- A fantastic work culture between our offices country wide.
Start date will commence 2-weeks after candidate has been hired.
All the above duties and responsibilities are essential job functions subject to reasonable accommodation and change. All job requirements listed indicate the minimum level of knowledge, skills and / or ability deemed necessary to perform the job proficiently. Team members may be required to perform other or different job-related duties as requested by their team lead, subject to reasonable accommodation. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise. Employment with SGH is "at-will." SGH is an Equal Opportunity Employer.