In a world where you can trust your cannabis more than your food, Blüm is the place you visit for dependable products and services in an inviting retail environment. If this is a world you would like to be apart of, we welcome you to come blüm WITH US!
The Veg Lead performs nursery/greenhouse responsibilities to assist in the upkeep, stocking and fulfillment of growing cannabis in our cultivation facilities.
- Overseeing Clone, Veg, and Mom Rooms: Managing the veg and clone assistant toaccomplish all tasks related to the vegetative growth
- Integrated Pest Management (IPM): Responsible for performing the IPM schedule that is made foryou by the garden This is to be recorded on the calendar outside of the
- room once
- Veg Nutrient Tanks: Responsible for checking the pH and the EC for the batch tank outside of theClone, Veg, and Mom
- Topping: Topping teens and pre-teens when Working with the garden manager todetermine best timing for cultivars. Topping is only to be performed during a three week
- veg or in double tiered LED
- Mom Plants: Maintaining healthy mother plants that will deliver the desired number of clones for the flower
- Clones: Overseeing the team to ensure clones are cut, labeled, and attended to
- Pest/Disease Scouting: Daily walk throughs to scout plants for pests or potential disease
- Flip Days: Loads carts, manages strain order leaving the veg room, supervises cleaning of vegafter flip.
- Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Bachelors Degree in Horticulture and/or technical certification, a plus.
- Experience in the cannabis industry or other alternative healthcare organizations, highly preferred.
- Prior nursery, landscaping, and/or agricultural experience, a plus.
- Cultivation license; preferred
- Must possess proficient English skills, both written and verbal.
- Must possess basic math skills.
- Must possess effective oral communication and interpersonal skills with ability to deal with all levels of personnel in a professional and effective manner.
- Ability to create and compose written materials with proper English grammar and punctuation.
- Ability to communicate clearly with employees, management, and team members.
- Ability to convey information in a clear and concise manner.
- Ability to communicate effectively in a multi-cultural business environment.
Knowledge and Abilities:
- Must be a self-starter with a strong sense of self-development.
- Must possess strong conflict management skills.
- Knowledge and understanding of standard concepts, practices, and procedures within the cultivation/grow environment.
- Must be familiar with weight conversions and conversion and destruction protocols.
- Must be well versed with product inspection and product receiving protocols.
- Knowledge of laws and regulations related to cannabis operations.
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills and time management skills.
- Demonstrated approachability and customer service skills.
- Demonstrated reliability, dependability and flexibility in work habits.
- Possess a strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to research and understand regulations for cannabis cultivation operations.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality, exhibiting a high level of integrity and trustworthiness.
- Ability to work independently and contribute effectively as part of a team.
Physical Demands: The physical demands listed below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position.
- Ability to frequently bend and/or twist at waist/knees/neck to and from seated position while working at workstation.
- Ability to frequently communicate with others.
- Ability to maintain long periods of mental alertness and attention to detail while setting priorities, meeting critical deadlines, and following up on assignments.
- Ability to excessively stand and/or walk for extended periods of time.
- Ability to seldom climb stairs at some locations.
- Ability to seldom push and/or pull up to forty (40) pounds.
- Ability to seldom lift or carry up to forty (40) pounds.
- Ability to function in an environment with frequent interruptions.
- Ability to deliver quality results under high pressure deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to demonstrate normal manual dexterity and eye-hand coordination; maintain corrected hearing and vision to normal range.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this position.
- Primarily in an indoor greenhouse/cultivation facility with moderate noise levels and direct exposure to cannabis products.
The Benefits of Joining Our Team:
- Awesome company culture!
- Opportunities for advancement
- Medical / Dental / Vision insurance
- Voluntary Supplemental Life insurance
- 401(k) plan with generous company match
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Employee Referral Bonus Program
- Paid Time Off (PTO); ability to donate/share/cash-out PTO
- Paid Holidays
- Talented, fun, and high integrity group of coworkers!