In a world where you can trust your cannabis more than your food, Blüm is the place you visit for dependable products and services in an inviting retail environment. If this is a world you would like to be apart of, we welcome you to come blüm WITH US!
The Flower Lead performs nursery/greenhouse responsibilities to assist in the upkeep, stocking and fulfillment of growing cannabis in our cultivation facilities.
- Overseeing Room Check Leads, Tank Lead, and Gardeners: Responsible for managing allemployees that work in the flower
- Integrated Pest Management (IPM): Responsible for performing the IPM schedule that is madefor them by the cultivation This is to be recorded on the calendar outside of theroom once
- Flower Nutrient Tanks: Responsible for checking the pH and the EC for the batch tank outside ofthe flower
- Flip Day: Manage team to ensure that all plants are in the correct position, irrigated, and trellised onflip There is a Basecamp project that needs to be completed on this day.
- Spreading: Day 5-6. Plants are spread through
- Lollipop: Day 7-14. Any additional lollipopping is to be
- Plant Work: Responsible for directing the gardeners to top priority plant work Prioritiesneed to be determined with the cultivation manager. Only one room is to be worked on per day.The other
rooms are to be locked after room check is complete.
- Pest/Disease Scouting: Daily walk throughs to scout plants for pests or potential
- Harvest: Manage the flow of the harvest and assign tasks to team members in the flower
- Performs other related duties and projects as business needs require at direction of management.
- Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Bachelors Degree in Horticulture and/or technical certification, a plus.
- Experience in the cannabis industry or other alternative healthcare organizations, highly preferred.
- Prior nursery, landscaping, and/or agricultural experience, a plus.
- Cultivation license; preferred
- Must possess proficient English skills, both written and verbal.
- Must possess basic math skills.
- Must possess effective oral communication and interpersonal skills with ability to deal with all levels of personnel in a professional and effective manner.
- Ability to create and compose written materials with proper English grammar and punctuation.
- Ability to communicate clearly with employees, management, and team members.
- Ability to convey information in a clear and concise manner.
- Ability to communicate effectively in a multi-cultural business environment.
Knowledge and Abilities:
- Must be a self-starter with a strong sense of self-development.
- Must possess strong conflict management skills.
- Knowledge and understanding of standard concepts, practices, and procedures within the cultivation/grow environment.
- Must be familiar with weight conversions and conversion and destruction protocols.
- Must be well versed with product inspection and product receiving protocols.
- Knowledge of laws and regulations related to cannabis operations.
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills and time management skills.
- Demonstrated approachability and customer service skills.
- Demonstrated reliability, dependability and flexibility in work habits.
- Possess a strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to research and understand regulations for cannabis cultivation operations.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality, exhibiting a high level of integrity and trustworthiness.
- Ability to work independently and contribute effectively as part of a team.
Physical Demands: The physical demands listed below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position.
- Ability to frequently bend and/or twist at waist/knees/neck to and from seated position while working at workstation.
- Ability to frequently communicate with others.
- Ability to maintain long periods of mental alertness and attention to detail while setting priorities, meeting critical deadlines, and following up on assignments.
- Ability to excessively stand and/or walk for extended periods of time.
- Ability to seldom climb stairs at some locations.
- Ability to seldom push and/or pull up to forty (40) pounds.
- Ability to seldom lift or carry up to forty (40) pounds.
- Ability to function in an environment with frequent interruptions.
- Ability to deliver quality results under high pressure deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to demonstrate normal manual dexterity and eye-hand coordination; maintain corrected hearing and vision to normal range.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this position.
- Primarily in an indoor greenhouse/cultivation facility with moderate noise levels and direct exposure to cannabis products.
The Benefits of Joining Our Team:
- Awesome company culture!
- Opportunities for advancement
- Medical / Dental / Vision insurance
- Voluntary Supplemental Life insurance
- 401(k) plan with generous company match
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Employee Referral Bonus Program
- Paid Time Off (PTO); ability to donate/share/cash-out PTO
- Paid Holidays
- Talented, fun, and high integrity group of coworkers!