MEARS GROUP, INC
Hiring Bonus Contingent on Experience
Job Title: CDL Driver
Reports To: Equipment Manager and / or Superintendent
SUMMARY OF POSITION: Seeking CDL drivers to support underground utility construction operations. CDL drivers are utilized to deliver equipment, parts and materials to construction locations from operation yards or customer depots.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: (Based upon level of position, not all functions may apply)
- Transporting heavy loads of material
- Inspecting vehicles for mechanical items and perform preventative maintenance
- Planning routes and meeting delivery schedules
- Document and log work periods
- Comply with truck driving rules and regulations as well as the company policies and procedures
- Maneuver trucks into loading or unloading positions
- Collect and verify delivery instructions.
- Report defects, accidents or violations, and
- Other duties as required.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: (Based upon level of position, not all may apply)
- Require a High School Diploma or GED
- Ability to drive long hours
- Extensive knowledge of applicable truck driving rules and regulations
- No recent moving or driving violations
- Valid truck driving license
- Adaptability to handle unexpected situations such as: traffic and weather conditions
- Required to pass a pre-employment drug test and subsequent random drug tests, and
- Great attention and commitment to safety culture and company values.
WORKING ENVIRONMENT/PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
The position lifts heavy objects, walks and stands for long periods of time and perform strenuous physical labor under adverse field conditions. Will be lifting, pushing, pulling or carries heavy objects; using abdominal and lower back muscles to provide support. Must have good manual dexterity, hand-eye coordination and balance. The employee is occasionally exposed to a variety of extreme conditions at construction job sites. The noise level in the work environment and job sites can be loud. Working hours are typically 5 days per week and 8 hours per day but from time to time may require 6 days per week and / or extended hours.