Fann Contracting, Inc - Northern Arizona’s leading heavy-civil and heavy-highway contractor is searching for versatile and experienced EQUIPMENT OPERATORS to join our team for local and statewide projects. Preference given to candidates with 3 or more years of experience as a universal operator. Wages will depend upon experience but may typically range from $17.15 to $28.65 per hour.
Our family owned 60-year company specializes in mass excavation, rock handling, underground utilities, private and public infrastructure, asphalt paving, aggregate crushing, asphalt hot plant production, and much more. Our projects include public and private entities including ADOT, FHWA, BIA, city and county municipalities, private residential and commercial developments.
These positions may include seats for any or all of the following:
- Scrapers: 623, 621, 631 and Rock Trucks
- Cat M-Series Blade (motor grader) 2 or more years experience required
- Cat Excavators (production loading haul units, grading, pipeline, hammer)
- Cat Dozer D8 and up (some GPS grading, cut to fill etc.)
- John Deere and/or Cat Backhoes
- Cat loaders and rollers of all sizes
- Gannon - John Deere 210LE Grade Tractor 4x4
- Pavers and paving equipment
- Wirtgen Mill
Other positions may include:
- Numerous Heavy Equipment Field Mechanic positions
- Traffic Control Tech/Flaggers
- Class A CDL Truck Drivers
- Grade Checkers
- Paving Operators and Laborers
Equipment Operator Responsibilities/Traits:
- Working safely at all times - ability to recognize and immediately report unsafe acts/situations to your Supervisor or Foreman.
- Working closely with Supervisors and co-workers to ensure quality and safety.
- Daily safety inspection, care of equipment, including always checking fluid levels before starting.
- Must have a strong knowledge of grades, grade steaks and grade checking.
- Ability to comfortably and safely climb up to and down from the equipment with 3 points of contact.
- Ability to endure bouncing over rough terrain in equipment without shock absorbing capabilities.
- A through awareness of equipment/machine capabilities.
- Working on a pipe crew.
- Working as a laborer when necessary.
- Working as a team player with an excellent attitude.
- Interprets information on grade stakes. Clears, grubs, strips, excavates, backfills, ditches, stockpiles and pushes scraper with dozer.
- Cut and fill material with scraper or other equipment.
- Load trucks, scarifies material, excavates V ditches and can finish grade projects for asphalt, curb/gutter.
- Should possess basic math skills for measuring yards, tons and stockpiles.
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues in a timely fashion.
- Load and unload equipment and materials.
- Provide innovative solutions to improve efficiency
- Conduct occasional routine preventive maintenance.
- Log, record or report critical readings or issues with equipment.
We offer medical, dental, vision and life insurance options, paid sick time (PST), 401k, and year-end profit sharing and safety award programs. We also offer hundreds of safety and instructional classes for FREE to our employees.
Complete our Employment Application at fanncontracting.com. Applicants must have reliable transportation. Statewide travel is often required, and subsistence (travel pay) may be included for certain projects (ask for details).
How to apply:
Please submit application online at fanncontracting.com or in person at our HR Department - 6725 Generation Lane, Prescott, AZ 86301.
Mailing address: PO Box 4356, Prescott, AZ 86302.
Fax 928-771-7534 Office phone: 928-778-0170
Drug free/EOE/some positions may be non-smoking/E-Verify Compliant. All positions are to be considered SAFETY SENSITIVE.
NOTE: All job description statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this job title. They should not be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. You are required to be aware of company safety policies and use the proper personal protective equipment for all specific duties performed and/or encountered and are expected to ask if you are unsure or need more training.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by law.