McGuire and Hester is a construction company that provides complete site work services: pipelines, grading paving, concrete, landscape and mechanical. In addition to traditional project delivery methods, we are involved with design build projects and alternative delivery methods. McGuire and Hester has played an integral role in the construction of many of Northern California’s most recognizable landmarks and infrastructure projects. Our storied past crosses more than nine decades. Our mission statement is, “Together We Build Things Right” which encompasses our business philosophy as well as our values and culture. We have a team environment that focuses on the greater good, resulting in a fantastic place to work that positively impacts our business partners and community.
The Estimating Take-off Specialist assists the Estimating department by gathering pricing, performing quantity take-offs and delivering bids.
- Recognize positive safety habits and practices; create bids to allow for implementation of best practices that drive safety and safety compliance.
- Analyze job site conditions for hazards and apply means and methods to ensure worker safety; alert operations team to special conditions at Pre-Job Partnering meeting.
- Have a thorough knowledge of the plans, specifications and all project related documents.
- Attend pre-bid meetings and job site visits and convey all information and photos obtained at these meetings to the estimator.
- Assist Senior Estimators by performing detailed quantity take-offs and earthwork calculations.
- Obtain and review bid documents to adequately perform the project quantity take-off.
- Schedule pre-takeoff meeting with Estimator before the take-off is started to review all staging, soils report requirements and other information in order to perform the take-off in the correct format.
- Solicit subcontractor and material quotes as required and maintain documentation for all good faith efforts in accordance with specifications.
- Assist estimating in bid closeouts including; compiling and reviewing material subcontractor quotes. Ensure all project related documentation is in accordance with Company established standards.
- Assist in the transition of all estimating information to operations on all successful projects.
- Assist operations with quantity take-offs for current projects as needed.
- Assist with bid deliveries allowing enough time to complete bid documents over the phone with the Estimator.
- Visit jobs to relate actual construction estimate; review questions or problems that may arise; coordinate these activities with the Project Manager/ VP Operations.
- Maintain good client and business partner relationships.
- Spend time developing and mentoring others who are less experienced.
Besides a competitive salary and the best retirement package in the industry we offer:
- Family medical, dental and vision
- Company Stock (ESOP)
- 401k Employer Match
- Bonus Program
- Continuing Education Reimbursement
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Sabbatical Program
- Personal Financial Planning
We are confident that our retirement plan is the best in the industry.