Job Title: Truck Driver
Supervisor: Warehouse Manager
FLSA Status: Non-exempt / Hourly
Union: Union – Teamsters Local 120
Union Wage: $32.91 per hour
Last Updated: September 2021
MMC is looking for a responsible, communicative, friendly truck driver to operate MMC’s company boom and dock truck. In addition to operating the boom and crane, MMC’s truck driver will be charged with gathering and delivering tools and cargo as needed to our worksites. This is a union position with Teamsters Local 120 and includes union benefits such as pension, health & welfare plan, vacation & sick time, and holiday pay.
- Must be able to drive and operate MMC's company boom and dock truck.
- Follow instructions and daily routes as provided.
- Pre-inspect truck and fill out pre-trip forms and turn in weekly.
- Inspect and adjust crane mechanisms or lifting accessories to prevent malfunctions or damage.
- Inspect and ensure cables and/or grappling devices are safe and ready for wear.
- Deliver and pick up tools / materials as instructed, verify loads for accuracy, pay attention to detail and help as needed on jobsites.
- Load and unload cargo to coincide with scheduled deliveries.
- Tie down and secure freight properly.
- Responsible for basic vehicle maintenance and inform supervisor of inspections, repairs and maintenance needed. Comply with all safe work practices, policies, and processes at all times.
- Meet time demands for scheduled deliveries and crane / boom picks.
- Determine load weights and check them against lifting capacities to prevent overload.
- Monday through Friday (weekday) local / metro routes.
- This is a full-time position and driver must be available to work flexible hours when needed (general start time is 6:30 a.m. but could be earlier at times).
Qualifications and Experience:
- Class B-CDL driver’s license with DOT medical card
- Must meet all DOT regulations and requirements
- Must be at least 21 years old (insurance requirement)
- Air brake endorsement
- Boom / crane certification or ability to obtain
- Knowledge of traffic laws / DOT regulations
- Pallet jack and forklift experience preferred
- Able to pass random drug tests
- Clean driving record
- No DUI/DWI convictions in the past seven years
- Listening and verbal communication skills
- Flexible with schedule, willing to work overtime as needed
- Must be able to drive a truck and sit for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to lift, push, and pull heavy items repeatedly throughout the day.
It’s what’s INSIDE that counts…
From immense construction projects that involve complex mechanical systems to custom service projects that require faster builds and reliable 24-hour service, Metropolitan Mechanical Contractors, Inc. (MMC) is your single source solution.
For more than 50 years, Metropolitan Mechanical Contractors, Inc. (MMC) has been designing, building and maintaining mechanical systems for some of the most well-known buildings in the Midwest. We are a fully-integrated large commercial mechanical contractor. We employ the industry’s best talent of engineers, tradesmen, project managers, customer support and office staff.
Why work at MMC?
We Work As a Team. MMC fosters a culture of collaboration and continuous improvement. We operate as a team to ensure the best experience for our clients, contractors and employees.
We Are Committed to Our Employees. At MMC, you are encouraged to:
- Make the decision you think in the right decision to make.
- Ask for help whenever you want it.
- Start something that needs to be started.
- Take time off to do something that inspires, excites and energizes you.
- Help others whenever you can.