Become Part of Our Team
As an industry leader Balfour Beatty offers employees a comprehensive benefits package that includes competitive salaries, paid time off, education assistance and much more including:
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- 401(k) with company match
- Health Savings Account
- Flexible Spending Accounts (Dependent Care and Health Reimbursement Care)
- Paid Holidays
- Additional benefits included
Balfour Beatty is currently undertaking the $1B+ Caltrain Electrification Project in San Mateo, CA. Estimated completion of the project is set for 2024. The project consists of electrifying a 56-mile corridor from San Francisco to San Jose including construction of overhead catenary systems, substations, track, and replacement of rolling stock
We are currently seeking candidates to fill a Field Engineer role. The primary role of the Field Engineer is to assist the Project Engineer and Superintendent with the planning and daily execution of the project. Responsible for maintaining certain aspects of the project schedule as assigned by the Project Manager, by managing the process of submittal approvals, coordinating the timely delivery of materials, maintaining schedules and budgets.
- Review design/drawings and specifications for inconsistencies.
- Verify all completed work complies with applicable codes, drawings, and specifications.
- Review all subcontractor submittals for compliance with the contract requirements.
- Assist in processing and administration of submittal tracking and document control.
- Prepare and disseminate all required documentation records such as status reports, punch list, describing work items to be done, sketches of work already completed, materials requirement calculations, etc.
- Prepare drawings and sketches to support construction work, change orders, estimates, etc.
- Supervision and quality inspection of field work (including night work).
- Assist in the management of materials and material handling planning.
- Track quantities and production quantities for work performed.
- Perform tasks related to the collection and evaluation of data required to monitor project schedules.
- Perform additional assignments per supervisor’s directions.
- 1 year of experience in a project engineer or field engineer role required.
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering, Construction Management or a related field required.
- Working knowledge of construction equipment and techniques, drawings and specifications, building materials and required standards applicable to discipline.
- Working knowledge of a personal computer (PC) and Microsoft Office Suite programs (e.g. Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
Balfour Beatty US is an industry-leading provider of general contracting, at-risk construction management and design-build services for public and private sector clients across the nation. Performing heavy civil and vertical construction, our teams build the unique structures and infrastructure that play an important role in how people live, work, learn and play in our communities. Our teammates have an instinctive passion for innovating that is fueled by a relentless curiosity, a drive to employ lean practices and processes and the determination to find a better way. Through Zero Harm®, we are challenging the construction industry’s assumptions about safety. We believe that no level of harm should come to anyone as a result of our business.
Consistently ranked among the nation’s largest building contractors, by Engineering News-Record, our US business is a subsidiary of London-based Balfour Beatty plc (LSE: BBY).
Balfour Beatty is an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other criteria protected by federal, state or local law.