GRAEF, a leading U.S. consulting firm, has been providing exceptional careers and quality engineering services to our clients since 1961. We recognize that the best workplaces are filled with technically excellent, innovative, creative, and highly motivated people. GRAEF is more than just a business. We are a committed employer and community member. We invest in our employees as we do our clients, providing a challenging and rewarding environment where you can grow both personally and professionally. GRAEF values exciting work and lasting relationships; we embody values that speak to loyalty, service, quality and integrity; and we strive to grow with these ideas leading the way. We’re looking for people who agree that in addition to technical excellence, it’s all about relationships! If you are looking for the opportunity to work on exciting, high-profile projects, have the satisfaction and security of working at a 100% employee-owned company, then GRAEF is the place for you!
Our dynamic growth and continued success has created a new opportunity for a CAD Technician in our exciting downtown Minneapolis office. Our Structural Group utilizes the latest technology available, to best serve the needs of our diverse client base.
As a Structural CAD Technician at GRAEF, enjoy job responsibilities like:
- Building information modeling.
- Aiding in the development of new workflows.
- Production of construction documents.
- Work collaboratively with project managers,
- Structural steel detailing; Provide QC assurance of erection drawings and fabrication drawings for large structural steel projects and assist fabricators with questions.
We are considering candidates who possess the following basic qualifications:
- An Associate's degree in CAD Drafting preferred.
- Previous relatable internship experience preferred. Candidates with greater than 1 year of experience are encouraged to apply.
- Familiarity with AutoCAD and Revit.
- Experience with structural modeling and drafting is preferred.
- Exposure to structural steel detailing through reading and interpreting structural, architectural and MEP drawings and experience with 3D structural steel detailing software considered a plus.
We are proud to offer you a complete benefit package to include:
- Medical/Dental/Audio/Visual Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Life Insurance
- Short and Long-Term Disability
- Flexible Spending Plans
- Retirement Savings Plan
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)
- Training, Mentorship, and Leadership Development Programs
- Tuition Reimbursement
- A team atmosphere dedicated to open communication and collaboration
- Embed yourself in the community by participating in numerous outside activities that GRAEF endorses and supports
- Flexible Schedule/Remote work options
- Corporate Casual Dress
An Equal Employment Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action Employer - Disabled/Vets