Become Part of Our Team
As an industry leader Balfour Beatty offers employees a comprehensive benefits package that includes competitive salaries, paid time off, education assistance and much more including:
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- 401(k) with company match
- Health Savings Account
- Flexible Spending Accounts (Dependent Care and Health Reimbursement Care)
- Paid Holidays
- Additional benefits included
Posting Date: 6-15-21
Balfour Beatty is currently undertaking the $1B+ Caltrain Electrification Project in San Mateo, CA. Estimated completion of the project is set for 2024. The project consists of electrifying a 56-mile corridor from San Francisco to San Jose including construction of overhead catenary systems, substations, track, and replacement of rolling stock
Our team is seeking a Quality Control (QC) Engineer to join the project. The primary role of the QC Engineer is to assist the QA/QC Program Manager with the planning and daily execution of the project. Responsible for maintaining certain aspects of the project schedule as assigned by the QA/QC Program Manager, by managing the daily QA/QC tasks of materials, maintaining schedules and budgets. Night work and weekend shifts are required.
Shared time between office and field management operations may include:
- safety meetings
- processing of submittals and request for information
- QC reports
- QC field inspections (Days/Nights/weekends)
- writing procedures
- QC audits
- subcontractor scheduling and coordination
- coordinating inspections
- generate punch list
- final inspection and turnover
- 5 years of construction QC experience required.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Civil Engineering, Construction Management or a related field preferred.
- Computer knowledge of office suite programs (excel, word, PowerPoint) required.
- Ability to interface and effectively communicate with others required.
- Knowledge of Rail Electrification is highly preferred.
Balfour Beatty US is an industry-leading provider of general contracting, at-risk construction management and design-build services for public and private sector clients across the nation. Performing heavy civil and vertical construction, our teams build the unique structures and infrastructure that play an important role in how people live, work, learn and play in our communities. Our teammates have an instinctive passion for innovating that is fueled by a relentless curiosity, a drive to employ lean practices and processes and the determination to find a better way. Through Zero Harm®, we are challenging the construction industry’s assumptions about safety. We believe that no level of harm should come to anyone as a result of our business.
Consistently ranked among the nation’s largest building contractors by Engineering News-Record, our US business is a subsidiary of London-based Balfour Beatty plc (LSE: BBY).
Balfour Beatty is an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other criteria protected by federal, state or local law.