The Berg Group is looking for a Project Manager Carlsbad, CA! The Project Manager will plan, direct, and coordinate the drywall and steel stud framing construction activities to ensure all materials, layout, and details are by the project plans and specifications. The Project Manager will be joining a team that has been a respected leader in the commercial drywall industry for over 50 years. We are a growing company headquartered in Chaska, MN, and have additional offices in Carlsbad, CA, Sacramento, CA, Phoenix, AZ, Naples, FL, and Bozeman, MT.
- Maintain and build relationships in their designated market.
- Estimating knowledge in the drywall/steel stud and metal framing space.
- Full review of the contract with the Senior Project Manager before submitting it to the Senior Leadership Team for sign-off.
- Lead pre-construction meetings to ensure everyone involved in the project understands the complete scope while ensuring safety, quality and productions are being met.
- Weekly job walks to ensure monitoring of job site activities.
- Maintain strong knowledge of project(s).
- Build a collaborative and open relationship with the Senior Project Manager.
- Have a full understanding of the scope of work to identify potential risks of scope gaps.
- Regular management of resources that impact the financials of the project(s).
- Maintain and management of all change orders.
- Coordinate with internal teams to ensure all pertinent information is provided and understood; proactive communication with field leaders on bid productions and other preconstruction-related info and maintains consistent communication throughout the project lifecycle.
- Review WIP and billing.
- Coordinate with project team and client to obtain final payment and open change orders 30 days before job completion and obtain final payment within 60 days of job completion.
- Technical degree and a minimum of 3-5 years of related experience in the construction field; or an equivalent mix of education and field experience.
- Team player mentality.
- Experience as a Project Engineer or related role.
- Commercial steel stud construction project management background.
- Ability to read and comprehend complex construction documents i.e. blueprints.
- Base knowledge of document editing software i.e. BlueBeam, Adobe Acrobat, and Plan Grid.
- Estimating experience and software knowledge; Plexxis is a plus.
- Ability to communicate effectively with internal and external clients and customers.
- Basic presentation skills to represent information and updates in a group setting.
- Strong computer skills; proficient in MS Excel, MS Word, and MS Outlook, Mac iPad.
- Bachelor’s degree; Construction Management.
- Detail-oriented, deadline/goal-driven.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize in a fast-paced work environment.
- Direct Drywall/Steel Stud framing industry (Estimating and Project Management) experience.