Title: Associate Forester
CNUC is an employee-owned company with a strong commitment to recruiting and developing the best talent in the utility vegetation management industry. As our company continues to expand across the country and beyond, new career opportunities are becoming available.
As our next Consulting Utility Forester, you’re on your way to the open road and traveling the trails! We keep the lights on anywhere there’s a power line - whether in the city, the rural countryside, or deep in the remote forest. As a Consulting Utility Forester, you’ll keep communities informed about the trees and power lines, while ensuring safe delivery of their power and pursuing opportunities to develop sustainable habitat throughout the utility right-of-way. In this role, your office is the great outdoors!
Working for CNUC could be your next great job if:
- You love talking to new people, being outside, and working independently.
- You have strong problem-solving skills and pay close attention to detail.
- You’re willing to learn. We provide ongoing training and assistance in obtaining industry-related certifications.
- Identification, inspection, and evaluation of trees and brush along utility lines
- Off road marking and measuring of trees within transmission Right-of-Ways.
- Submit inspection results to utility clients with remediation recommendations
- Identify safety risks and communicate them to tree crews.
- Extensive drive time through the state inspecting vegetation management work
- Species identification skills and invasive species knowledge, plus knowledge of tree growth rates
- Valid driver’s license with a clean driving record
- Ability to work independently
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Excellent customer service skills a priority
- Ability to travel and work in rugged terrain and inclement weather
- Proficient in map navigation skills
- Experience with Microsoft Office and data collection software (GIS experience a plus)
To apply, please visit our website at http://www.cnutility.com/careers/ and submit an application.