APi Group is a market-leading provider of safety, specialty, and industrial services in over 200 locations worldwide, primarily in North America. We have a winning culture driven by entrepreneurial business leaders to deliver innovative solutions for our customers. As a family of companies working together, we have the parts to make any project whole.
At APi Group, the mission is clear: We Build Great Leaders. We believe that everyone at APi is a Leader and one of our core pillars of success is our distinct leadership development culture. We provide internally developed, cross-functional development programs across our businesses. Our culture of investing in leadership development at all levels of the organization has created an empowered, entrepreneurial atmosphere that facilitates organizational sharing of knowledge and best practices and enables the development of cross-brand solutions and innovation.
We are currently seeking a Data Analyst reporting to the National Procurement Manager.
- Develop a deep level of understanding of the data under analysis, focusing on ensuring the right balance of accuracy and completeness with timely delivery of required information.
- Develop and maintain the company’s spend data and analytics warehouse. Act as the company’s liaison with outside procurement consultants to help gather, capture, report, and analyze spending and trends.
- Prepare cost benefit analysis reports for review by senior managers.
- Work closely with finance leaders across the organization to ensure integrity of data and track the cost savings through the monthly income statements as well as coordinate the cost savings during the annual budget and monthly forecasting processes.
- Identify areas of opportunities beyond cost savings initiatives including vendor terms , controls processes and procedures, inventory management and industry trends.
- Support RFI/P/Q execution including post-activity reporting and analysis.
- Assist in negotiating procurement contracts with suppliers and vendors.
- Actively participate in project reviews and status updates, demonstrating a deep level of understanding around assigned projects.
- Monitor current programs to ensure compliance within the organization.
- Learn to navigate seamlessly throughout the organization during data gathering and analysis activities, fostering relationships with partners throughout the business to support data requirements.
- Develop an understanding around business requirements and solutions to service those business requirements.
- Keep abreast of vendor and supplier related activities that could impact the company.
- Support members of the Procurement Office and Category Sourcing to define requirements, scope analysis and reporting specifications, set reporting cadence, and establish data management plans.
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree preferably in supply chain management, business, mathematics, or related field required.
- Recent graduates or someone with at least to 2 years of experience in supply chain management, finance, operations, data analytics, or related fields.
- Computer Skills: Microsoft Office applications (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint).
- Demonstrates excellent written and verbal communication skills and presentation skills.
Competencies and Skills:
- Demonstrates effective problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Demonstrates ability to manage constructive and cooperative working relationships, often without introduction.
- Demonstrates self-confidence and integrity in challenging work environment.
- Positive change leader. Specifically, supporting necessary change across the organization in order to move the company towards a world class procurement organization.
- Self-starter who demonstrates a high level of initiative and continuously finds new and better ways of performing in their work.
- Expertise and experience in data analytics.
- Demonstrates basic business financial knowledge.
- Experience leveraging analytical ability to drive and influence business decisions.
- Moving around in office environment
- Telephone conversations
- Use of email
- Reading and creating documents, letters, memos, and instructions
- Face to face discussions with individuals or teams
- Contact with others (in person, by email, or phone)
- Being highly accurate in all tasks
- Meeting strict deadlines, which involves pressure, organization, and attention to detail
- Working with others in a group or team
- Being responsible and accountable for outcomes and results
Compensation & Benefits:
Salary is dependent upon experience and ability to perform. Bonus opportunities are based upon individual, team/department, and overall company performance. Benefits include medical and dental insurance, sick and vacation days, disability, flexible spending accounts for medical and daycare, 401(k) with employer match, and an Employee Stock Purchase Plan.
This is a valuable and important position within the organization. Outstanding performance may lead to other leadership opportunities within Procurement or other departments or locations within the company.