Mears is an industry leading energy infrastructure solutions provider that offers engineering & construction services to the markets we serve. With operations throughout North America and internationally, Mears is focused on meeting the growing demands of our customers through distinct, yet complementary, Operating Divisions.
We believe that our success begins with our employees
Mears is an industry leading energy solutions provider driven by our Core Values - Safety, Quality, Ownership, Integrity, Service and Team.
At Mears, our employees are our number one asset and the foundation of our continued success. Our culture is about creating an environment where all employees can be themselves, are valued and have equal opportunities to succeed. Our goal is to hire individuals who best embody our vision and core values. We offer career opportunities across numerous disciplines for professionals, military veterans, recent graduates and students. When you join our team, you join a dynamic culture in which career development is encouraged - excellence is rewarded and diversity is valued. We encourage and support ideas, innovation and advancement and offer the following benefits:
- Competitive Pay
- Health Insurance
- Career Advancement Pathways
- Retirement Program
We are committed to providing meaningful careers in engineering and construction services for the oil and natural gas, electric and telecom industries. If you are looking for a meaningful career that improves communities, provides opportunity for growth and has the ability to change lives - take a look at our opportunities and start your journey with us today!
Our projects are regulated by federal and state laws which require all employees to successfully pass criminal background checks, MVR, and drug tests (post-employment and random testing).
In this role you would:
- Conduct pipe inspections for construction sites and industrial facilities
- Prepare inspection and other related reports
- Operates Vacuum truck and Jet-Rodder.
- Labels, marks, and manifests shipments in accordance with applicable DOT regulations and HPC policies, practices and procedures.
- Operates vehicle safely at all times.
- Maintains a current driver’s license, or CDL as required.
- Safely transports hazardous & non-hazardous waste while operating company vehicles.
- Completes a vehicle inspection report to assure vehicles and equipment are safe to operate before leaving company premises.
- Maintains a drivers log as required to assure compliance with all regulations..
- Operates and maintains trucks and equipment per manufactures recommendations.
- Obeys all traffic laws and regulations when operating and driving company vehicle.
- Trained on the installation, operation, and repairs of mechanical devices such as pumps, valves, PTO's etc.
- May troubleshoot equipment and make minor repairs as long as they have the knowledge to complete the task safely.
- Wears personal protective equipment as required by HPC, DOT, OSHA, and customer regulations.
- Trained on the proper use of all PPE required to do the work safely.
- Immediately reports all accidents, near misses, and injuries involving employee or others while operating company vehicles/equipment to the Safety Manager over the area.
- Recommends changes and improvements to safety and services based on job experience & observations.
- Verifies that the load, tools, equipment, and materials are secured properly before transporting begins.
- Answers calls at night and weekends as necessary.
- Performs other duties when assigned.
Job Responsibilities with the ability to:
- Perform all duties in a safe manner
- Adhere to hours of work and maintain an efficient work schedule
- Understand and work in sewer and storm infrastructure
- Meet deadlines
- Maintain a clean and safe workspace
- Promote good public relations
- Work cooperatively in the course of daily activities
DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS (Education, Experience and Skills):
- Ability to operate equipment, including, but not limited to a trencher, backhoe, excavators, directional drills.
- Familiarity with Horizontal Directional Drills
- Positive attitude, hard work ethic, and a priority for safety
- Reads utility locates, coordinates potholing, and ensures the safety of existing facilities.
- Operates motor vehicles during travel to/from jobsites.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
- Ability to travel
WORKING ENVIRONMENT/PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
Work is performed most frequently outdoors in weather conditions that vary from freezing temperatures to heat above 90 degrees, in wet and dry conditions and in rural areas. Work may be performed in confined spaces. Some exposure to odors, gases, dust and dirt may occur. The noise level in the work environment may range from moderate to loud.
Lifting and carrying of 10 up to 60 pounds frequently is required. Reaching and lifting overhead is frequent. Job requires standing, crawling, climbing, bending, twisting, pushing, pulling and reaching a majority of the time. Work may include manual labor up to an including digging a hold 4x4x4.
It is the continuing policy of Mears Group to afford equal opportunities for all qualified persons, regardless of their race, creed, color, age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, disability, medical condition, marital status, veteran status or any other protected class at the local, state, or federal level. No person shall be excluded from employment consideration on the basis of these factors.