Adolfson & Peterson Construction, one of the nation’s top contractors, is recruiting for an experienced Laborer for our AP Mountain States region. We combine more than 75 years of construction expertise with the newest technologies in order to meet our clients' needs. We serve owners, architects, and developers with a commitment to teamwork and quality and are constantly looking for people to help us achieve our company goals.
Because safety is paramount to AP and embedded into everything we do, all team members are responsible for working safely within our Incident and Injury Free culture.
The role of Laborer is to assist in moving and installing material for Carpenters, Operators, Masons, and other skilled trades in the daily process of construction.
Key accountabilities of the role include:
- Take personal responsibility for working safely within an Incident and Injury Free (IIF) culture.
- Be a champion to support IIF efforts for working safely and building a culture of care and concern for each team member in the workplace.
- Consistently communicate and reinforce the tenets of an IIF workplace.
- Ensure adherence to processes and procedures that support an IIF culture.
- Comply with all company safety requirements and policies.
- Prep construction sites by clearing obstacles and hazards. Dig, spread, and level dirt and gravel.
- Supply tools and materials to different areas of the work site as directed by the Foreman, Superintendent, or trades. Plan ahead, inventory, and request materials. Load and unload supplies and materials.
- Operate a pallet jack and a partner saw. Signal operators of equipment to facilitate movement of material. Routinely operate a bobcat and forklift for various material handling.
- Clean tools, equipment, materials, and work site on a daily basis.
- Assist with installing formwork and pouring concrete. Mix mortar and grout. Mop, brush, or spread compounds over surfaces for protection or to seal.
- Erect and dismantle scaffolding following company safety guidelines.
- Work at heights and climb form systems for pouring concrete while assisting Carpenters and other trades.
- Assist Carpenters, Operators, Masons, and other skilled labor as needed.
- Routinely construct and maintain temporary openings, protect construction finishes, daily interior and exterior cleaning, and debris removal.
- Inspect work-in-progress to ensure that it conforms to the specifications, construction schedules, and quality standards as outlined in AP’s quality management programs.
- Assure that workmanship is of the highest quality.
- Other duties as assigned.
- History of experience and proven results including:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Completion of an apprenticeship program or equivalent training.
- Ability to properly lift, carry, push, rake, shovel, and move materials, supplies, tools, and ladders weighing up to 75 pounds on a frequent basis and occasionally more than 100 pounds throughout the day.
- Physical agility to stand, walk, climb ladders and/or formwork, kneel, crouch down, twist, and reach on a constant basis throughout the day.
- Experience using hand tools such as chippers and grinders and ability to measure correctly.
- Ability to travel to project sites up to 70+ miles away.
- Willingness to work in various (sometimes extreme) climate conditions.
- Demonstrated ability to proactively resolve construction issues.
- Strong communication skills (oral, written, and listening) including ability to follow directions and ask questions.
- Demonstrated integrity and ethical standards.
- Ability to be self-motivated, set own goals and tasks, and contribute to a positive team environment.
Est. hourly wage $17-$20, dependent on experience.
Adolfson & Peterson Construction is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer