Are you looking to take the next step in your career? Do you want to work at a place where you can contribute to a dynamic employee-owned firm, tackle some of the environments most challenging problems, and collaborate with industry recognized professionals? Then we believe Geosyntec is the place for you! As a Senior Staff Remediation Engineer or Geologist in our environmental sciences and engineering practice in Jacksonville, Florida, you will apply your academic knowledge and practical experience to real-world situations related to contaminated site assessment & remediation and environmental due diligence for a diverse national private and public sector client base, while also learning and expanding the business skills needed for a successful consulting career.
Our clients ask us to address their new ventures and most challenging problems involving the environment, natural resources, and civil infrastructure. Ranked by ENR in the top 20 design firms for the environment, Geosyntec is internationally known for its technical leadership, broad experience, and exceptional client service. Learn more by visiting www.geosyntec.com
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Is this the right position to help you achieve your professional goals? Some of the key responsibilities for the position may include:
- Fieldwork such as soil and groundwater sampling, drilling and contractor oversight, construction quality assurance and oversight, and remediation system O&M;
- Chemical data and contaminant fate & transport evaluation;
- Groundwater and soil remedy evaluation, cost estimation, design calculations, and implementation;
- Environmental due diligence, regulatory compliance services, and permitting;
- Aquifer testing and hydrogeologic data analyses;
- Data analysis, including preparing maps, tables, and figures;
- Preparation of technical reports, letters, memoranda, plans, specifications, and proposals; and
- Task and project management duties.
Collaboration and mentoring are cornerstones of Geosyntec’s culture. You should expect to work closely with experienced professionals who will guide and integrate you into Geosyntec’s culture.
Here are some other things you should know about this position:
- Training: This position requires OSHA health and safety, first aid, and CPR training and medical monitoring, paid for by the firm. We also offer professional development opportunities including in-house seminars, webinars, and mentoring, that allow our professionals to build the technical and business skills necessary to become successful consultants.
- Fieldwork: Up to 70%
- Overnight travel: Up to 10%
Your success is our success. We encourage our professionals to continually develop their interests and skills. Advancement is based on an individual’s own performance and initiative.
EDUCATION AND LICENSUREB
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, geology or related field. (required)
- Advanced degree in engineering, geology or related field. (preferred)
- Engineer or Geologist in Training (EIT or GIT) certification, if applicable. (preferred)
SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- At least 2 years of related experience, including observation of drilling and well installation, soil sampling, groundwater sampling, and other field techniques, or equivalent combination of education and experience. (required)
- Knowledge of regulatory requirements related to environmental remediation. (preferred)
- Prior internship experience in environmental consulting. (valuable)
- Technical experience in geology, geotechnical, environmental, or related disciplines. (preferred)
- Experience with construction work such as plumbing, electrical, structural, geotechnical, or mechanical tasks. (valuable)
- Working knowledge of MS Word, Excel, and related software; AutoCAD and/or GIS. (preferred)
- Excellent technical writing and communication skills. (required)
- Valid U.S. driver’s license and a satisfactory driving record for business travel. (required)
Geosyntec strives to hire and retain the best and brightest people in their fields. We look for hard working individuals with exceptional interpersonal skills, communication skills, and problem-solving abilities, plus the passion for technical excellence and quality. We seek individuals with leadership potential, a commitment to lifelong learning and growth, and the desire to build a long and rewarding career with a growing Firm.
Geosyntec is a great place to build a career. If you're looking for an exciting place to work, a place with challenging and rewarding projects, and a place that has been nationally recognized for its employees' quality of life, technical expertise, and business success, then Geosyntec may be the place for you. You can learn more about careers and employment at Geosyntec by visiting http://www.geosyntec.com/careers/
We are proud to offer our employees a highly competitive benefits package. Learn more by visiting http://www.geosyntec.com/careers/employee-benefits